Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest Fight For GGG: Canelo, Lara, Billy Jo, Eubank, Jacobs, Lee, Quillin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty obvious GGG steamrolls over all of them.

Lara: No chin, might cause problems early but will get stopped. Angulo had this dude trapped and on the canvas twice.

Canelo: I voted for Canelo cause of his youth and strength. Plus his counter punching combination style would probably be effective against an aggressor like GGG. His stamina is a real problem though and would probably get broken down late.

Billy Jo: Like lara might cause problems early cause of his awkward style and solid boxing skills. But isnt all that great in any one department and doesnt have the power to keep GGG off and would probably get KOd early.

Eubank Jr: Way too green at this stage, might be an interesting fight down the line. Losing to Billy Jo doesnt say much for him.

Daniel Jacobs: Good fight but probably gets Kod early with his suspect chin.

Quillin: Stopped early another suspect chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
      Danny Jacobs would be the toughest, Jacobs has speed, has power and a very good boxing ability. He did lose to Pirog but honestly that was a weird fight, i thought he was winning until he got caught by the crafty Russian.

i think Daniel Jacobs beats all the other fighters on the list.
      Jacobs looked great knocking out Quillin in the blink of an eye. What a vicious finish he put on Quillin. I would never bet against Kovalev. That's a good way to lose money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        BTW, Tom Loeffler himself says Jacobs is a bigger threat to GGG than Canelo.
        I think he's just trying to give Jacobs some confidence to step up. Jacobs simply won't be able to handle Golovkin's power. All of those fighters get knocked out...Canelo is the only one with a chance to tag Golovkin a little bit, in my opinion.

Comment

I think jacobs and Canelo are his biggest threat at middleweight. IMO if and its a big if, if Jacobs can display a good chin he has the best chance to beat GGG out of all those guys listed. And for Canelo, he has a solid chin but dude would have to bring his ultimate A game to beat him which IMO is very possible. All the others I think GGG just dominates and KOs.

Comment

I think there all good fights accept for Lara he gets beat fairly handily. Billy joe is an interesting fight if he could make golovkin miss in range but I don't know if he'd have the heart to keep fighting after being clipped Jr could make it messy

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Jacobs without a doubt.

He has the ability to KO GGG. If that doesn't work, GGG will at least respect Jacobs power and keep his distance. From there, Jacobs has the ability to outbox GGG as long as he isn't caught with anything big of course.
              Jacobs gets Piroged again

Comment

I am gonna go with Lara because of the movement. Jacobs get piroged, Saunders gets Gealed. Canelo gets Lemeiuexed. Quillin gets Monroed. Eubanks gets Waded.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Canelo with his ability to counter and good head movement will present a problem because GGG cuts off the ring well but he doesnt always work on the inside and gets tagged. Lesser fighters had success at mid range and inside and canelo will counter his jab
                  ??? Who??? Who had any success at midrange or inside with GGG??? You mean someone managed to land a punch, two at most and not together, right?

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                    I am gonna go with Lara because of the movement. Jacobs get piroged, Saunders gets Gealed. Canelo gets Lemeiuexed. Quillin gets Monroed. Eubanks gets Waded.
                    i think Lara gets Monroed.. Jacob might get Piroged again but not before giving GGG a tough fight.

Lara's movement won't help him in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X