Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you approve of Wladimir Klitschko fighting Odlanier Solis on April 6?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you approve of Wladimir Klitschko fighting Odlanier Solis on April 6?

It looks like Wladimir Klitschko may be fighting Odlanier Solis on April 6.

Do you think Solis is an acceptable opponent for Wlad, or would you prefer to see Wlad give someone else a shot?

Solis has just the one unimpressive decision win over Airich during the past two years. He had his shot against Vitali already, and blew out his knee because he was putting too much weight on it. He's not currently ranked by any of the sanctioning organizations.

Personally, I'd sooner see Wladimir fight Ring top ten ranked Tomasz Adamek, Denis Boytsov, or Tyson Fury. If it's impossible to make a fight with one of those, Wlad should go for an undefeated up-and-comer like Francesco Pianeta.

I'm not saying those fighters I mentioned are more deserving than say, Kubrat Pulev, but it will likely have to be someone not promoted by Sauerland, so that rules out Pulev, Robert Helenius, and of course Povetkin.

In the past Wladimir Klitschko has pretty much done his best to set up fights with the best possible opponents and taken care of mandatories like Thompson last year. Various heavyweights have been turning down title shot opportunities.

But if he goes ahead and fights Odlanier Solis at this time, I will be disappointed.
    Yes, his options are limited
    40.00%
    No, he should give someone else a shot
    50.91%
    I'm not sure
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

There is a small chance that solis will show up in the good shape.
    I would take that small chance as in that case we can see an interesting fight.

Solis is a real waste of talent. That's shame.

Comment

Solis and Fury are the only guys that I give a shot at beating Wlad. I'd be happy either way.

Comment

wow thompson was mandatory? if a 40 year old no hoper is a mandatory then the HW must be **** beyond belief. I am only just starting to realise how crap it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          wow thompson was mandatory? if a 40 year old no hoper is a mandatory then the HW must be **** beyond belief. I am only just starting to realise how crap it is.
          No, there are a lot of good HWs: Glazkov, Wilder, Jennings, Price, Pulev, Abdusalamov, etc.

The sanctioning organizations are crap.

Comment

solis was doing really well agaisnt big bro up until that... strange incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              No, there are a lot of good HWs: Glazkov, Wilder, Jennings, Price, Pulev, Abdusalamov, etc.

The sanctioning organizations are crap.
              A 40 year old shouldnt even be in the ring with a world champion, unless they are exceptional (Hopkins for example).

Its diabolical the way the HW scene's standards have been pissed on by the Klits.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                A 40 year old shouldnt even be in the ring with a world champion, unless they are exceptional (Hopkins for example).

Its diabolical the way the HW scene's standards have been pissed on by the Klits.
                No, not by the Klitschkos. They just keep beating whoever is in front of them.

The standards have been degraded by the sanctioning organizations like the IBF, WBO and the WBA.

Comment

no one in the division can beat him, so it kinda doesn't matter
                  that said, want the Povetkin fight above all others
                  Solis is acceptable, but definitely not preferable
                  Wlad will get around to beating all these guys eventually

Comment

Why isn't the Povektin fight happening? I thought that was almost set?

I was looking forward to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X