No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

Is that not how most comic books get written?

Comment

That's probably the thing about Rick having died when he was in the hospital. He was on life support and the power was out for weeks, Shane was certain his heart had stopped beating etc. Somehow the coma meant his brain wasn't destroyed by the virus. Doesn't really make a lot of sense but this is a show about zombies after all.
      God damn that does make sense, in a weird way.

Shane kept saying, his heart stopped, he was dead..

Maybe Rick is immune? Maybe his blood is the anti-body...

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post

My main gripe against the storyline is The Governor and his fort that he built with his goons. Everything about him screams, "Hey, I'm the villain!" And now he's getting the fuckin' eyepatch which makes his character seem even cornier. It's just the way they have this city set up where people are walking around like it's the Best Place in The World, USA and then gather around for zombie fights on Friday nights to blow off steam is corny. Then they get scared when a gun battle erupts at the zombie fights and Andrea gives them a pep talk and they calm down in five seconds. And the Governor meanwhile is away brooding, still pissed that Michonne broke all the heads in the jars. Yeah, I realize the show is based on a comic book series, but still, this stuff takes it out of the "realistic" element for me.
        That's exactly the point, man. The show isn't just about killing zombies, there are a lot of points being made about the real world too. Darabont deliberately wanted to use the show as a comment on post-9/11 America and the writers have continued that theme. The Governer does explicitly refer Rick's group as "terrorists" after all. The sheep-like behaviour of the Woodbury folk is part of this, the Governer's villainous behaviour is more of a comic book thing.

He's not just a 2-dimensional villian either though, he's brilliantly manipulative and his speeches are exactly like what you hear from real world politicians.

Comment

That's probably the thing about Rick having died when he was in the hospital. He was on life support and the power was out for weeks, Shane was certain his heart had stopped beating etc. Somehow the coma meant his brain wasn't destroyed by the virus. Doesn't really make a lot of sense but this is a show about zombies after all.

Is that not how most comic books get written?
          That's exactly what my friend said, that either he's some sort of new zombie or that he's the key in finding the cure because of the coma he was in.

I got caught up in this show because I got the flu and was in bed for 3 days. I did a 3 day Netflix marathon of this stupid show and now I have to watch it.

Comment

• Fellas I wanna ask you guys a question. Who the fk was that girl that was driving the cargo van full of walkers? Who do you think it is is a better question? I wanna say it was either that 8itch karen or Andrea's stupid a$z

Comment

• Btw to the idiots who are crying about how fake and how much this show sucks: YOU DONT HAVE TO WATCH IT! Never did the show state that it was based on true events or its happening right NOW. Go watch univision and stfu. K, Thanks Bye!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                He also killed his best friend. Rick is also the leader and is looked up to, which I imagine is a stressful role to play in a "zombie apocalypse".

About Governor, I agree with you and Dominicano. The part where he gets shot at and he barely flinches and just smiles is too much. He's worse in the comic book though, believe it or not AMC watered him down for the series.
                Exactly, walking around like he's bullet-proof. I guess that's supposed to make viewers think, "whoa, he's a bad ass," although you have to be a dumb ass to just stand there with your chest puffed out in the middle of a fire fight. But, anyways, at least it gives me a character to root against, I guess.

Comment

That's exactly the point, man. The show isn't just about killing zombies, there are a lot of points being made about the real world too. Darabont deliberately wanted to use the show as a comment on post-9/11 America and the writers have continued that theme. The Governer does explicitly refer Rick's group as "terrorists" after all. The sheep-like behaviour of the Woodbury folk is part of this, the Governer's villainous behaviour is more of a comic book thing.

He's not just a 2-dimensional villian either though, he's brilliantly manipulative and his speeches are exactly like what you hear from real world politicians.
                  I mean it's cool that they're trying to comment on post-9/11 America. Going all the way back to the original Romero zombie movies, there's always been an underlying message in a lot of zombie flicks.

Personally, I think that TWD is showing how that even when the world turns to (zombie) shit, man is still man's biggest enemy. You can be surrounded by flesh-eaters but you still got people who are racist, hungry for power, ready to screw you over, etc.

But for me it's just the execution, or lack of execution, in regard to Woodbury. The whole set-up feels really underdeveloped. It's just frustrating that they spent half a season stuck on a farm, but they couldn't use more episodes to develop the Woodbury storyline. I think they did spend a whole episode just in the town and it just felt (to me, maybe not to others) that I was still missing something, like whenever the action shifts over there, I feel like I've actually missed episodes (but I've seen them all). They explained the set up of the town, but I still don't see how the Governor has cast his spell over them. I guess I should go back and listen to the speeches again. If the idea is to show the town people as sheep, they definitely did that. But it just feels like it's the Governor and a bunch of extras (except for the scientist dude, the Latino dude with the gun, and some new hot chick I'm keeping my eye on). I understand they can't introduce a bunch of new characters and develop them since they still have to focus on Rick's crew, but it still feels like a disconnect between the Governor and the people, IMO. Plus, The Gov is too cartoony, but it is what it is. I'm still watching.

Comment

• What ever that virus is, I hope I get infected.

It seems everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, is a fucking master marksman.

Great, entertaining show. Watched it since the beginning.

Buddy of mine has pretty much every single one of the comics, and I don't think you can show everything that The Governor did, from what I remember reading.

He did some pretty horrific stuff to Michonne.

She got some SERIOUS get back, though.

Anyway, the mini-van hatch smash was the kill of the night for me.

Comment

• Andrea chopping that walker up was brutal, the jaw part was f-cking sick.

Comment

Working...
                      X