Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maccarinelli Knocks Roy Jones Jr. Out Cold in Four!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
    I know, and that's why it's sad. That he didn't have the foresight to quit when he should have.
    Putting myself in his shoes im sure its hard. He had a long career but at the same time it probably flew by. Its hard for fighters to walk away, most cry..that we see anyway. I sure all cry at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
      Not everyone can be Bernard Hopkins

Yup. Trying too long to compete with BHOP.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        It was a competitive fight with lebedev but the way it ended was brutal. Especially if you consider the ko's he suffered leading up to that point. I'm not sure if it's about the money, possibly his ego, as well. The stubbornness reminds me of Holyfield.
        And thank god that maniac finally retired. Its hard for us to understand the mentality of these guys. Toney, Roy, Evander, Hopkins, they are all born fighters. Its all they know and all they will ever know. Different breed of people.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
          Anyone else feel sad after seeing that?..

Pls retire!
          It's just heart breaking to see a legend grind himself into the ground. I'll just put it down to arrogance and forget the past years ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
            And thank god that maniac finally retired. Its hard for us to understand the mentality of these guys. Toney, Roy, Evander, Hopkins, they are all born fighters. Its all they know and all they will ever know. Different breed of people.
            It's a self belief thing, they always believe they can do it one last time. Unfortunately getting brutally knocked out so many times has an effect.

Comment

Father Time The Real TBE

Comment

Russian Roy Jones Go Sleepy!!!

So maybe when Roy wakes up he can stick around, find Paulie Mags hanging around over there, and maybe those two fools can agree to a catchweight, lace'em up, and fight each other tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  This should be the final nail in the coffin for Roy. I hope he has caring people around him to convince him that he's finished.
                  Idk whats the deal with him and the Russians but if he's affiliated with them in anyway, do you really think they care about him? All they see is $$$.
                  Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  He dropped like a sack of potatoes.
                  Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  Roy is doing what he loves doing. Nothing sad about it. If he dies he died doing what he loves the most. He earned the right to finish his career when he wants to.
                  Are you trolling? Do you seriously think he loves getting KO'ed? Do you seriously think he's doing this for the "love" of the game? If he didnt have money problems I guarantee you he wouldnt be fighting still.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                    Anyone else feel sad after seeing that?..

Pls retire!

EVERYONE over here was LOLOLOLOLOL

Roy Jones talks too much... He is on his way back to USA after that KO LOL

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Idk whats the deal with him and the Russians but if he's affiliated with them in anyway, do you really think they care about him? All they see is $$$.

He dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Are you trolling? Do you seriously think he loves getting KO'ed? Do you seriously think he's doing this for the "love" of the game? If he didnt have money problems I guarantee you he wouldnt be fighting still.
                      Hopkins fought way beyond his economical needs. He could've retired ten years ago if he wanted. I doubt Roy has money problems. He already has a spot on HBO as a commentator.

Marvin Hagler once said, "If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That's all I am. I live it."

I believe that's the case for a lot of fighters - especially the ol' school throwbacks like Hopkins, Toney and Jones Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X