Canelo looking HUGE training for Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
    Since when is 34 "Late 30's"??
    It's obvious he's on it.. you don't get better at 34 than at 30/31. Same for the guy in your avatar..

Comment

Since when is 34 "Late 30's"??
      excuse me mid 30's like that makes a difference

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        It's obvious he's on it.. you don't get better at 34 than at 30/31. Same for the guy in your avatar..
        only a guy who has never worked real hard or engaged in a hard sport would not know you do not get better as you get older. some people are that dense

Comment

For Canelo's sake I hope he hasn't over trained

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            excuse me mid 30's like that makes a difference
            Oh it doesn't make a difference? Compare a mid 30's Sergio Martinez to a late 30's Sergio!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/InfoBoxeo/v...8741325151862/

Damn... he must be finishing his roids cycle and he'll start losing some muscle in the next weeks, otherwise I can't see him making 155.
              The one that is looking huge is his wannabe trainer. Canelo is in his 170 range there. Nothing special from his side. But I think he should be a little lighter for this camp and he should be more technical.

Comment

Oh so Framptons on it too?? Haha, right mate, whys that because he's in good shape?

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                only a guy who has never worked real hard or engaged in a hard sport would not know you do not get better as you get older. some people are that dense
                It's funny how counter-logical that quote is! Physically you don't get better, but boxing isn't always about the physical or Gary Russell Jr would have beaten Loma, or Tyson would have beaten Buster Douglas!

Cotto obviously isn't in his physical prime any more but he's always been a technical fighter, since his father died he bounced around for trainer to trainer. He's finally settled with Freddie Roach and is feeling confident.

It's not that he's a better fighter than when he was 30, it's that he's fighting smarter and is in a better headspace! And the old caveman training philosophy of training harder because your older is out the window these days, it's about training smarter

Comment

Oh it doesn't make a difference? Compare a mid 30's Sergio Martinez to a late 30's Sergio!
                  What? Sergio was just as good at 30 years old or 35 years old. He was not known and not given good chances when he was 30 years old, but he beaten everyone they put on him, like Cintron, Bunema. When he fought Margarito it was when he was a WW and was only 27 years old. After that he mover up to JMW and found his best weight there.

Still, I think he used some "help" to build muscle when he moved up to 160.

Comment

Oh so Framptons on it too?? Haha, right mate, whys that because he's in good shape?

This is more than being in good shape, this is suspect at least. But what do you know? meh

Comment

See the difference:

He put more muscle in. I think it's the help of some ped. If you think it's that he changed his training method it's ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X