Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this Rios-Alvarado fight another FOTY candidate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most definitely a candidate but i prefer the Bradley Provodnikov fight, mainly because of the KD's and close nature of the fight gave it more drama in my opinion. I thought Alvarado closed so well it kind of took away from the excitement a bit.

Comment

it was a good fight.. but it was too one sided for alvarado. if rios would have won more rounds then yeah. but the 1st fight was an instant classic. i think this is it for rios...If u dont fight his fight hes lost in there.

Comment

Def its going to be there at the end of the year. I thought it was better than the first one and the first one was running up for fight of the year in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
          it was a good fight.. but it was too one sided for alvarado. if rios would have won more rounds then yeah. but the 1st fight was an instant classic. i think this is it for rios...If u dont fight his fight hes lost in there.
          One more round for Rios and it would've been a draw in the judges' eyes. I don't think one more round would've made a difference in terms of the fight's entertainment value and FOTY worthiness. The fight was still competitive, but since Alvarado fought with his brain instead of his pride, Rios wound up looking clueless at times.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 03-31-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

This was a great fight. Alvarado looked like he was done for in the early going with those shaky legs. He managed to come back in the later rounds to pull it off.

The only thing that was missing was that Rios was having a harder time closing off the ring in the 2nd half of the fight. He did much better in the first part of the fight .... but you need to give credit to Alvarado for being able to move and stick to his game plan.

Comment

you gotta ask?

Comment

Working...
              X