Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you see Lomachenko setting up shop in the US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
    were the events sell outs or substantialy full when they were in the arena?
    I was there for Morales-Garcia 2 and it had about 5000 people in it, not even 1/3 full. Tickets were way overpriced too, i sat just as far for the same price as i did for Marg-Cotto 2

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Lol the NY golden gloves is just for New Yorkers. My brother lost in the semis one year

Bring him to NY tho, i'd love to watch him. I remember when i saw guys like rigo fighting in B.B Kings in times sqaure in front of 50 people. Wont get that with Loma tho

People have come and had addresses in NY to prove they lived here to compete. Leon Taylor, Diablo, and Hector roca have photos with fighters from back in the day that moved to NY briefly to compete in the NY golden Gloves when it was massive at MSG way back when. In recent times I think one of the last guys that I knew to do it was from Sweden I believe. Cant recall if he won them while in the states. His name was Naim Terbunja. and has since moved back I believe. But yes people from other countries have come to compete in the gloves and went back home. Lol are you in the NY amateur scene? Im surprised you dont know this.

I know Chazz Mcdowell and Christian Martinez both competed in thebgloves against guys who came from africa and Portugal briefly. Maybe Shem too cant recall
      Last edited by {Pito}; 08-01-2013, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X