Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz will emerge as the best 140 Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think so. Ortiz has had a couple fights after his hard loss, and he hasn't looked anything close to original form. It's nothing physically, just all mental. If he's not careful, he may be the Southern Disaster of the JWW division.

Maidana beats him in the rematch. I'd even pick Cayo over Ortiz at this point in time.

Comment

No way. If he cracked against Maidana in a fight that was quite winnable, I doubt he gets pat the likes of Bradley or Alexander, who are much better than Marcos. He might not even beat Nate.

Comment

Originally posted by King Tua View Post
        mosley would ko him.

mayweather would school him.

williams ain't no fucking welterweight anymore.

yeah because cotto never quits right? i would rather cotto had just quit the way ortiz did than run and not fight for the next 5-6 rounds.

margarito could beat ortiz but margarito might be well past it for all we know.
        cotto got more heart than ortiz. also its possible cotto was getting hit with bricks.

if margo's chin isn't broke, ortiz will quit again. he can't take the pressure.

1. he'll beat maidana in a rematch. his management is doing the right thing and building his confidence back up before it happens. similar to what they are doing to khan. no point in a maidana rematch yet. just like there's no point in a prescott rematch for khan yet.
        yeah, i get that; those 2 need protecting by GBP, but they can't run forever.

2. he was 22. at 21 pacquiao had already got ktfo twice. one could argue pacquiao quit in the singsurat fight too.
        pac got stopped, he didn't quit.

3. are you the same person now as you are at 21? people change. this kind of thing changes fighters. some for the better. some for the worst. it's not smart to label a 21 yr. old kid a quitter yet because of one fight. what if he gets into 3-4 wars the next couple of years? you'd look mighty dumb.
        once a quitter always a quitter. ortiz is probably a nice kid, but maybe boxing isn't for him.

Comment

Ortiz is young and talented enough to learn form his mistakes and improve his boxing. He will have a chance against anyone at 140. Ortiz schools Maidana in a rematch(if not mistaking Maidana turndown Ortiz twice for a rematch).

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

pac got stopped, he didn't quit.

once a quitter always a quitter. ortiz is probably a nice kid, but maybe boxing isn't for him.
            ehhh...... torrecampo he got stopped by a perfect shot to the chin.

singsurat one could argue. he was already running and tired by then. hard to tell if he was legitimately koed or he just gave up.

duran quit. how many times did duran quit afterwards?

Comment

Once a quitter, always a quitter.

Comment

Devon would whoop his mutha****in ass and make him quit again.

Comment

Tua's been consistent with regards to Vic.

I hope he's right since Vic is an exciting fighter and I love watching him fight.

But if I have to bet all my points, I'm betting he has another quit in him once he's faced with a similar or worse adversity.

****, I'm willing to shell out $100 for that rematch.

Comment

ehhh...... torrecampo he got stopped by a perfect shot to the chin.

singsurat one could argue. he was already running and tired by then. hard to tell if he was legitimately koed or he just gave up.

duran quit. how many times did duran quit afterwards?
                    pac never quit, he got stopped.

can't compare ortiz to duran. duran is an ATG. ortiz is a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                      Tua's been consistent with regards to Vic.

I hope he's right since Vic is an exciting fighter and I love watching him fight.

But if I have to bet all my points, I'm betting he has another quit in him once he's faced with a similar or worse adversity.

****, I'm willing to shell out $100 for that rematch.
                      the kid was headlining an hbo card for the 1st time.

it was his first ever title fight.

he was fighting at staples center in his hometown.

a lot of factors involved.

plus he didn't really know much about his opponent while at the same time maidana was in a desperate situation. he had just lost his 1st title shot the fight previously to kotelnik. he might not get another if he lost again.

ortiz could end up being a bum. ortiz could end up a star.

depends on how he handles it mentally. the physical tools and skills are there though.

i'll give a 22 year old a couple more fights before i label him either or.

Comment

Working...
                      X