Collapse
No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm going to switch sides to supporting the God argument, not much of a fight going on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      The religious response would be; God by definition is an eternal being.
      Whereas we know the universe had a beginning.

Still polyfilla if u ask me.
      Why is it hard for you to accept that something can exist outside of the universe and not constrained by time or space.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Manny Pacquiao has influenced these guys to be ******s. SMH.
        So anyone that believe in God lacks intelligence in your book. I'm sure Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking would disagree.

And what now? You think Pacquiao influences peoples religious beliefs, damn you think the guy is a prophet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
          What made God?
          You are just thinking in a lineal fashion, e.g. before and and after, if God exist outside time and space, there is not before and after or there, it just is.

Comment

For those who dont believe in God; what argument(s) do you find most compelling/evidence that supports the notion of a creator?

(and by God i dont mean any specific God, but just the concept of a creator).

I believe in God, but with that said the arguments/'evidence' i find most compelling is the mathematical nature of the universe, fine tuning, golden ratios, etc. Things such as sacred geometry (fractals) are evident all through out life, the planet, and universe. Seems to me to be one of the greatest 'evidences' of a creator.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              but isnt is kinda being a hypocrite when you claim the universe dosnt need a creator but expect some one to explain where a so called creator came from?
              No because I'm not insisting that the universe MUST have come from somewhere or MUST have existed in some for or other. It is people postulating god who butcher physics and insist that "something can't come from nothing" but then insist that "that something is god" but that "god is eternal" or something. The fact is that something CAN come from nothing and at a quantum level this frequently happens. If the state of "something" is a more stable one than the state of "nothing" then it's clear that the "something" will stick around.

Conjuring a godhead to explain things is no explanation at all, unless your approach to any hard question is "magic".

Comment

Originally posted by Beasty View Post
                Physics and Cosmology actually prove that, God does not need to exist in order for a big bang to occur. And if a Big bang can occur, than life is possible. Remember it took 14 billion years, this did not happen over night.
                Really, precisely how?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  Then what made god?
                  Why would God need a creator?

First cause arguments are not based upon the idea that everything that exists must have a a cause (why would that even be so?) they are based upon the proposition that everything that has a beginning must have a cause. They are based upon the idea that the material universe is a chain of cause and effect that must ultimately originate in one grand first cause.
                  Last edited by res; 06-16-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
                    Please specify which god:
                    Juda-Chisrtian god
                    Muslim God
                    Seek god
                    Buddhaism
                    Mayan gods
                    Egyptian gods
                    Norse gods
                    Persian Gods
                    Islander gods

All are correct in their own belief system, all you need if faith and they have it therefore they are right.
                    There is a God in Buddhism?

and lets exclude the Gods that weren't even powerful enough to keep themselves alive/relevant

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      Why would God need a creator?

First cause arguments are not based upon the idea that everything that exists must have a a cause (why would that even be so?) they are based upon the proposition that everything that has a beginning must have a cause. They are based upon the idea that the material universe is a chain of cause and effect that must ultimately originate in one grand first cause.
                      Did you just stutter-type?

Comment

Working...
                      X