Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rejected by more jobs applications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at dude thinking you always have to be honest around lawyers. shadiest people on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      the bold is your first problem. complaining about it being hard, wah. you're discouraged and you have no confidence.
      1) you should go get ANY job if you have no job. who would you rather hire?
      a) guy who has no job and is just looking
      b) guy who has a job that he's working in to support himself until he gets an in at the job he wants?

find people who work at these firms and grill them, find out what the partners want.

applications? lawyers? if you just put an application in then the partners are laughing at you, lawyers like tenacity and people who challenge them, i have a number of lawfirms that I work with.
      Business is business, I don't care what the industry is. And I don't know a business man out there who WANTS to hire passive individuals. They accept them, especially when it's hiring somebody they know's associate but those individuals never go anywhere in the company. They stay their whole career with the firm as a clerk at best.
      The best people I've ever hired asked for an interview and while in the interview showed they have drive. They filled out the damn application AFTER they were already hired ****. Thats what an employer is looking for. Thats the guy who is going to promote their business. Thats the guy who is going to represent what the business is trying to do. If they don't find "that guy" then they just draw a number out of the "hat" or online database of applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        lol at dude thinking you always have to be honest around lawyers. shadiest people on earth.
        They are cut throat. I can't imagine anything less honest, except maybe real estate and used car salesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
          They are cut throat. I can't imagine anything less honest, except maybe real estate and used car salesmen.
          Don't forget politicians. Wait, never mind, most (or at the very least a plurality of) politicians are lawyers.

Comment

I took this 3 hour test that a friend recommended. And aced it.

For info on the test and locations to take the test: http://www.act.org/workkeys/index.html

Apparently, certain job agencies & companies look for people who get a Gold Certificate on these tests, and ask for them ahead of other people. It worked for me. I attach a copy of the Gold certificate on all of my resumes, wherever I apply from now on, just in case.

Comment

I feel you guys I work for this Agency and Im always at the office stuck filing paper work , I am looking for a 2nd job and it sucks balls, its always the same answer , Go online. like really? wtf its like they almost feed off **** like that , Go online!! I live in San Diego so its hella hard right now as well.

Comment

Well, I think a lot of people are throwing things around that I will have already heard before. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the advice that is given to me but don't think I haven't heard it all before. Of course, I'm complaining but that being said, I don't think it's fair to expect someone to never complain, it's only natural. I just needed a rant and of course that doesn't mean I'm giving up. Of course I know lawyers are tenacious and I know the personality of a lawyer, you guys don't need to tell me - I am one afterall and this thread was written in brutal honesty. Don't think I'll be confessing like this to employers. Finding work as a lawyer and working with lawyers are two very different things, believe me.

You can say a lot of things about what I'm doing wrong but I know just what I'm capable of - I didn't graduate from Law School for nothing. I know my industry very well, please don't mock my intelligence - I know exactly what Law Firms want and I know I've got it but the competition is a factor all on its own. Everyone has a moment of weakness when they want to complain - it acts as a stress reliever and that's what I've done.

But thanks, really. I don't mean to come across as shouting at anyway, I'm really not.

Originally posted by Walt
                Another assumption. Don't lie in front of lawyers when you're trying to get a job with them. You risk you career (if the Law Society gets hold you've been lying, they'll strike you off the profession). It's incredibly difficult to lie in a legal interview not that I know but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. You are being interviewed by people who cross-examine witnesses quite often.
                Last edited by MeiXiang; 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Don't forget politicians. Wait, never mind, most (or at the very least a plurality of) politicians are lawyers.
                  Clowns don't count. Now the business men who control those clowns? They some raw dog mofo's

Comment

cute sig TS

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                      Well, I think a lot of people are throwing things around that I will have already heard before. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the advice that is given to me but don't think I haven't heard it all before. Of course, I'm complaining but that being said, I don't think it's fair to expect someone to never complain, it's only natural. I just needed a rant and of course that doesn't mean I'm giving up. Of course I know lawyers are tenacious and I know the personality of a lawyer, you guys don't need to tell me - I am one afterall and this thread was written in brutal honesty. Don't think I'll be confessing like this to employers. Finding work as a lawyer and working with lawyers are two very different things, believe me.

You can say a lot of things about what I'm doing wrong but I know just what I'm capable of - I didn't graduate from Law School for nothing. I know my industry very well, please don't mock my intelligence - I know exactly what Law Firms want and I know I've got it but the competition is a factor all on its own. Everyone has a moment of weakness when they want to complain - it acts as a stress reliever and that's what I've done.

But thanks, really. I don't mean to come across as shouting at anyway, I'm really not.

Another assumption. Don't lie in front of lawyers when you're trying to get a job with them. You risk you career (if the Law Society gets hold you've been lying, they'll strike you off the profession). It's incredibly difficult to lie in a legal interview not that I know but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. You are being interviewed by people who cross-examine witnesses quite often.
                      lol, its all good man, trying to give you some tough love up in here.

you're talking about turning in applications and now we're on to a legal interview. what I was talking about earlier was not just lying in an interview. talking about hooking up your resume, getting connections and using iffy references as long as they are on board.

you think all them high power attorneys got where they are by not being able to BS other attorneys.

ive lied to my lawyer's face and to a judge's face, matter of fact, a whole courtroom and go away with it, you can do it in a paralegal interview. you're giving people too much credit.

im 37. im talking from experience, not just speculating, ive had all kindsa jobs, some just as "prestigeous" as a lawyer. but i dont want to get int persona feelings about that career

Comment

Working...
                      X