Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people really believe that Mayweather is retiring Sep 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm unsure.

On one hand I think he might because he's clear he does no want to box anymore and his body is breaking down.

On then other hand if he gets to 49-0 then the offer for a 50th fight will be ridiculous and possibly to good to turn down.

So I honestly don't know. Usually I get a feel of what I expect to happen and I know that he does genuinely intend to retire in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      If he gets to 49-0, there's no way in hell he doesn't get lured back for the 50th fight. He'll sit back and watch as HBO and Showtime try to outbid each other
      This what will happen

Comment

He will "retire" and they will hype the fight as his farewell fight to help sell ppv

but a year later or less he will return, probably to HBO for some big money fight and one last challenge, probably vs manny

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          He will "retire" and they will hype the fight as his farewell fight to help sell ppv

but a year later or less he will return, probably to HBO for some big money fight and one last challenge, probably vs manny
          Mayweather's a noted gambler, he'll be coming back forever (or at least until the fans stop watching him).

Comment

He will say he's going to retire after the September 2015 fight so everyone can order it. Then he will announce he's coming back in May 2015 and everyone will order that too. Lol

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't even want see Mayweather and Pacquiao fight if it's gonna be done 2015. That's ridiculous! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                He will say he's going to retire after the September 2015 fight so everyone can order it. Then he will announce he's coming back in May 2015 and everyone will order that too. Lol
                U mean may 2016?

Comment

I don't see him retiring undefeated, he may finish that deal undefeated but definitely not retiring with that 0 intact so the haters can enjoy that eventually. One doesn't simply stay out of the spotlight whilst 30-40m is there for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    I don't see him retiring undefeated, he may finish that deal undefeated but definitely not retiring with that 0 intact so the haters can enjoy that eventually. One doesn't simply stay out of the spotlight whilst 30-40m is there for the taking.
                    I feel the same way.

Especially the way he's declining which is pretty rapid.

Comment

I don't think he will walk away Sept. 2015, too much money involved and that is what he is about...If he retires and loses a load of money then a comeback will very very likely happen, as it did with most of the greats, and Floyd is one of those greats. Lets be honest, money and the belief they are still great is always the reason they return.

Tons of fighters that reach this highest level almost never simply walk away without looking back.

Something will entice him back, something green and paper like...

Comment

Working...
                      X