No announcement yet.

How to use the arm shoulder and fist on hook punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the arm shoulder and fist on hook punches

Tyson said something along the lines of most guys when they throw a hook, they just bring the elbow up and rely on the hip and shoulder rotation to slam their fist and arm into the opponents head.

But he said what he did was rotate the shoulder or elbow up suddenly to get extra snap on the hook punches. Like when you turn the fist over on a jab or cross but its slightly different for a hook.

Hows it done?

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Tyson said something along the lines of most guys when they throw a hook, they just bring the elbow up and rely on the hip and shoulder rotation to slam their fist and arm into the opponents head.

But he said what he did was rotate the shoulder or elbow up suddenly to get extra snap on the hook punches. Like when you turn the fist over on a jab or cross but its slightly different for a hook.

Hows it done?
    Love listening to Tyson on boxing, could find where he was discussing all that?

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
      Love listening to Tyson on boxing, could find where he was discussing all that?
      hi mate I might have mixed it up with that expert boxing video.

OR

I did see Tyson saying it, and it was on an MMA video with the title Johny Hendricks is Taught by Mike Tyson or somnething like that, type it on you tube. Unfortunately alot of the videos have the advice Mike was giving covered up by music but some of them you get to hear Tyson talking.

Thats the best my memory can do, I think the modern way to throw hooks is with a vertical fist and that way you cant get the extra snap from turning over the fist/arm/shoulder, so its a less snappy strike, I think thats kinda what he was saying.

Comment

I actually would believe Tyson did say it, because it is too deep and profound for expertboxing

I will look for the video myself, tnx for the tip

Comment

Working...
        X