Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for all who was the better fighter in his Prime Roy or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have it even personally. Both were absolutely dominant and unbeatable in their primes

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
      Floyd has hand picked his way to the top the entire way while Roy Jones had to go through truly great fighters at the top of their game, like Bernard Hopkins and James Toney.

The irony here being that the same claims and accusations of "hand-picking" opposition were made against Roy Jones for many years

Comment

prime roy is and will always be better than floyd

athletically and technically

maybe not skill wise though, floyds very complete
        p4p roy murks him though

Comment

Kind of irrelevant but I will play, Roy was the better athlete, Floyd was the better all around boxer.

For the person who said Floyd hand picked his foe, anf that Floyds resume isnt as good as Roy's..................Geez dude go read both of these fighters resume's PLEASE.

Roy is in my the top 10 favorite fighters ever............but he fought a lot of bumbs along the way...............there just wasnt anyone. This was the start of the end for Roy................should have never gone up in weight that far.

Comment

don't need to see the video; Roy was better and he's greater

Comment

I don't agree with Floyd hand picking his opponents. He's 37 and the only guy he hasn't fought that matters is Pac. Other than that he has fought everyone that he needed to.

Same with Roy, he fought every one he needed to. He went up and dominated a heavy weight champ. The guys that roy didn't fight...he destroyed the guys that went life and death with guys he supposedly ducked.

Don't buy any argument for them ducking people because at the end of the day they both dominate everyone they got in the ring with save for a few of Floyds fights.

I think Floyd is technically the best boxer Ive ever seen. But Roy had twice as much God given ability. He was blessed with power in both hands and super speed. I got Roy pretty easily because his level of domination was easily higher. Guys like Canelo got stretched by Roy or at least beaten senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura storm View Post
                roy is tainted by that positive test.

No he isn't

Comment

I really think Pernell is better than both in a pound 4 pound sense in his prime. Look at who he beat and looked great against. Beating A prime Azumah Nelson and looking impressive trumps a young Canelo or fat James Toney. Just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                    I really think Pernell is better than both in a pound 4 pound sense in his prime. Look at who he beat and looked great against. Beating A prime Azumah Nelson and looking impressive trumps a young Canelo or fat James Toney. Just my opinion though
                    First off James Toney was 168lbs and Bernard Hopkins > Azumah Nelson

Comment

Lol at people talking about athleticism... if all he was, was an athlete allen iverson could of dominated boxing too. Hes been a student of the game since he was 5 years old.

Bunch of noobs runnin around this place.

Comment

Working...
                      X