No announcement yet.

Floyd ducks but Canelo isn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
    Canelo isn't worth the risk to Mayweather right now, he isn't well known outside of mexico.
    Lets say, he isn't worth the risk to Floyd because he is big, strong, young, and undefeated and Floyd needs an advantage by demanding he come down to 147 which he knows he can't. As far as being known, Canelo has superstar status in the Boxing world right now and a country behind him. Floyd cannot possible make the kind of money on anyone else that he could on Canelo, aside from Pac. The PPV numbers would be off the charts if he fought Canelo compared to the last few guys Mayweather has fought.

Comment

Originally posted by THE TALK OF TX View Post
      naw not an savior FMW fans are on that real talk and facts, me personaly still think floyd can beat Canelo at 154 it would be a rough start for maybe 5 rds with floyd winning 3 out of those 5 two for canelo and then he maybe stills another one in rd 6 or 7 then the rest is Mayweather, Canelo show stamina problems every long fight. but i think if these bigger guys call out floyd bigger guys should be able to call out canelo and Martinez
      Ohh yeah, where are these real talk and facts?? Your post has none.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Lets say, he isn't worth the risk to Floyd because he is big, strong, young, and undefeated and Floyd needs an advantage by demanding he come down to 147 which he knows he can't. As far as being known, Canelo has superstar status in the Boxing world right now and a country behind him. Floyd cannot possible make the kind of money on anyone else that he could on Canelo, aside from Pac. The PPV numbers would be off the charts if he fought Canelo compared to the last few guys Mayweather has fought.
        I bet khan could do good numbers, not a good fight though. Broner too. Thing is my thoughts on it are this. Floyd doesn't care if the fight happens or not, and he went through what Canelo has to, it's been brought up before. Oscar made all the demands and Floyd met them, do you think Floyd wanted to fight oscar at 154? Floyd has a lot less to gain from this than Canelo does, it could be what catapults him to being known by the casual crowd. Floyd wins, it'll just be oh Floyd won again.

I think Canelo should give into most of the demands to be honest, or maybe do a 150 CW if its offered, Canelo is nowhere near an A side to expect anything to fall in his favor. It's a business and Floyd wants to do business his way, hes earned that option the hard way. Canelo has one decent win on his resume, look at Floyds before he got to fight oscar, and that was multiple weight classes higher...and he still gave into all the demands.

I'd love to see the fight, before people come bashing me, wether its at 147, 150, 154. The point i'm making is Canelo hasn't done **** to deserve anything of this magnitude and the only reason he's being mentioned is because hes an irish mexican, that's how he was built up to stardom...he didn't beat tough opponents and work his way up, lets be completely honest here. People will bring up other fighters but guess what...they met all of his demands going into the fight, they didn't say not happening if it's not at this weight or what not... Floyd said jump, they said how high?

If anyone wants to actually debate any of these points I'm open for it, but...that being said its NSB so.... I won't hold my breath.

Comment

But you have to realize, Canelo's hair color didn't beat Trout, he did. Who else is there besides Pac that would generate the PPV buys a Canelo fight would draw? I'm not seeing very many or any for that matter. Kahn might draw numbers but that fight would get SHT on by everyone for being a Cherrypick from Floyd....Canelo wouldn't be at 154. >>>>>>>>
          Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          I bet khan could do good numbers, not a good fight though. Broner too. Thing is my thoughts on it are this. Floyd doesn't care if the fight happens or not, and he went through what Canelo has to, it's been brought up before. Oscar made all the demands and Floyd met them, do you think Floyd wanted to fight oscar at 154? Floyd has a lot less to gain from this than Canelo does, it could be what catapults him to being known by the casual crowd. Floyd wins, it'll just be oh Floyd won again.

I think Canelo should give into most of the demands to be honest, or maybe do a 150 CW if its offered, Canelo is nowhere near an A side to expect anything to fall in his favor. It's a business and Floyd wants to do business his way, hes earned that option the hard way. Canelo has one decent win on his resume, look at Floyds before he got to fight oscar, and that was multiple weight classes higher...and he still gave into all the demands.

I'd love to see the fight, before people come bashing me, wether its at 147, 150, 154. The point i'm making is Canelo hasn't done **** to deserve anything of this magnitude and the only reason he's being mentioned is because hes an irish mexican, that's how he was built up to stardom...he didn't beat tough opponents and work his way up, lets be completely honest here. People will bring up other fighters but guess what...they met all of his demands going into the fight, they didn't say not happening if it's not at this weight or what not... Floyd said jump, they said how high?

If anyone wants to actually debate any of these points I'm open for it, but...that being said its NSB so.... I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
          X