Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo should deal with Trout then worry about Floyd after.

Comment

I'm tired of Canelo being a Diva

Comment

Floyd is not just going to fight Canelo if he beats trout. What if it's a robbery, stoppage on cuts, or just a bad performance for Canelo? Floyd will definetly want to fight him if he puts on a good show or completely wipes out trout. There are too many unknowns to just agree to the fight now. Plus, Floyd doesn't want to fall into that Canelo curse. The ones lined up to fight Canelo end up losing. Floyd better wait til after may 4 to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Boom, end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            maybe it will motivate canelo more to destroy trout,Knowing a floyd
            showdown is after

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              That's why I could never be a fan of these mainstream highly overrated fighters. You stoop to monumentally low levels to defend that guy.
              Respect me bro

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                That's my point, Floyd was a boxing star on his own. But he needed the exposure of a transcendant guy like Oscar to start doing big numbers. Ghost is not even on the same planet as Floyd was before he fought Oscar and there is not enough time to get him there.
                Like I said, it takes two guys with an already big fan base to put on big PPV numbers. History doesn't lie. Guerrero wouldn't be recognized in a police line up by anyone outside of hard core boxing fans and fight camp 360 isn't going to change that. Floyd needs Canelo to sell this one and Golden Boy know it, otherwise they would have told ginger to F off by now.
                The only thing getting in the way is Floyd's ego.
                I disagree. You act like Im talking about breaking records. Im just talking about like an average Floyd PPV. People are acting like this will bomb unless Canelo is on it and I disagree. How many buys do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  I'm tired of Canelo being a Diva
                  nobody cares what ur tired of.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    That's my point, Floyd was a boxing star on his own. But he needed the exposure of a transcendant guy like Oscar to start doing big numbers. Ghost is not even on the same planet as Floyd was before he fought Oscar and there is not enough time to get him there.
                    Like I said, it takes two guys with an already big fan base to put on big PPV numbers. History doesn't lie. Guerrero wouldn't be recognized in a police line up by anyone outside of hard core boxing fans and fight camp 360 isn't going to change that. Floyd needs Canelo to sell this one and Golden Boy know it, otherwise they would have told ginger to F off by now.
                    The only thing getting in the way is Floyd's ego.
                    All good points, well made, but is Floyd's ego the only issue here? He hasn't fought twice in one year since 2007, he's now 36 and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Guerrero gives him a tough night's work. Does he really want to be committing to a fight with Canelo four months later?

Maybe he does want to up his activity levels before he checks out for good but it certainly would be a break from tradition for him.

Comment

• i doubt saul can sell 1 mil Ppvs on his own

with this said americans should support american fighters

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X