Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pat Barry moved down to LHW, who would he be able to beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pat Barry moved down to LHW, who would he be able to beat?

I think Pat Barry doesn't really have a chance to even be a contender at HW. IMO he would do a lot better at LHW. Could beat a lot of the top LHW's considering they're closer to his height and size.

what do you guys think?

vote/discuss
    Jon Jones
    0.00%
    Dan Henderson
    15.79%
    Shogun Rua
    10.53%
    Rashad Evans
    0.00%
    Rampage Jackson
    5.26%
    Lyoto Machida
    10.53%
    Phil Davis
    15.79%
    Antonio Nogueira
    5.26%
    Forrest Griffin
    21.05%
    Rich Franklin
    15.79%
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 12-23-2011, 04:28 PM.

Isn't he only like 5'11?

Man... I wouldn't give him much of a chance at LHW either. He's too slow, and frankly he just isn't that good.

I don't think he beats anyone on that list.

Also, I don't think the cut is realistic. Isn't he like 250+?

Comment

lookin at him and lookin at that list i dont even think he would have much of a shot at beating forrest or franklin. even if he could make the cut. would probably still be better suited in hw. dont see him winning top ranked lhw

Comment

Unless he learnt some wrestling and BJJ he wouldn't do much better.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          Isn't he only like 5'11?

Man... I wouldn't give him much of a chance at LHW either. He's too slow, and frankly he just isn't that good.

I don't think he beats anyone on that list.

Also, I don't think the cut is realistic. Isn't he like 250+?
          ok, I know you're trolling by that comment.

Originally posted by M Deezy View Post
          lookin at him and lookin at that list i dont even think he would have much of a shot at beating forrest or franklin. even if he could make the cut. would probably still be better suited in hw. dont see him winning top ranked lhw
          He could make the cut. He's 240 and a lot of that is fat. Forrest and Tito walk around at over 240 and Rampage has weighed as high as 260 between fights.

And how would Franklin beat him exactly? I think Barry is strong and fast enough to avoid Franklin's td attempts. And he would probably KO Franklin before he would ever have a shot at taking him down.

Comment

I've always thought Barry would be better suited at 205lbs, he has serious stand up credentials.

Comment

I don't think he'd really beat anybody unless they tried standing with him. In addition to him having to cut a lot of weight he really would need to improve his ground game drastically in order to compete with anybody in the 205 division.

I think his stand up's certainly decent yet a tad overrated but I guess he'd be better suited to 205.

Could he even make 205? He seems naturally a very stocky guy & he's a reasonably lean 245.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                ok, I know you're trolling by that comment.

He could make the cut. He's 240 and a lot of that is fat. Forrest and Tito walk around at over 240 and Rampage has weighed as high as 260 between fights.

And how would Franklin beat him exactly? I think Barry is strong and fast enough to avoid Franklin's td attempts. And he would probably KO Franklin before he would ever have a shot at taking him down.
                You realize that he looks fast against crappy heavyweights, right? He's not going to have any speed advantage against 205ers.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                  You realize that he looks fast against crappy heavyweights, right? He's not going to have any speed advantage against 205ers.
                  yeah, crappy hw strikers like kickboxing champion Cro Cop.

the guy is crazy explosive. he will be just as fast and explosive at lhw. I don't know of a single lhw that can throw as fast as Barry. not 1.

Comment

You mean shot to absolute hell Mirko Cro-Cop?

I swear dude, you're either a grade A troll or a moron.

I know you know your stuff because of other posts... but man, I don't know about this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X