No announcement yet.

WoW WoW What A Myth.... Vitali Dominated Lewis??? WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenso View Post
    there is a big difference between getting stopped via KO and stopped via CUTS. you could be whipping my ass, and have knocked me down 4 times and then i barely graze your face with a wild swing and it opens a monster cut. so then they stop the fight and give me the victory. not only do i tout about how i STOPPED you when i was out of shape, but i refuse to give you a rematch.

is that a legit win for me? because that is exactly what you are saying right here, except that i just exaggerated the situation. lewis was getting his ass whipped, he happened to open a bad cut on vitali. vitali could have just as easily opened a cut on lewis - it just didn't play out that way. while both guys were tired at the end, lewis was MORE tired. also consider how draining it would be to have your face cut up as bad as vitali's was, and the dude was still fighting hard. lewis hit him with his BEST uppercut and vitali just took it, like it was a god damn fly landing on him. (prob wouldn't have even landed it if the dude could see).

there should have been a rematch, the fight was totally inconclusive. both guys got in some serious punches, but vitali was definitely whipping lennox's ass. like i said, if you win JUST on CUTS its not really legit. if lennox was whipping vitali's ass AND he opened up cuts, it would be different. however - vitali was the one doing the ass whipping, but the dude got cut. he didn't get knocked out, he got cut. so if you think lennox's victory was legit and conclusive then that means you think the scenario i suggested above is legit and conclusive. lennox was an ATG fighter, but if there wasn't a big question mark about his fight with klitschko, we wouldn't be having this discussion 8 years after the fight.

what do you think happens in the second fight? does lewis win on cuts again? i doubt it. and he sure didn't look like he was close to KOing vitali at any point. he also was preeeetttyyy damn close to getting knocked out in the second round.
    A monster straight right is what caused the caught. Not a grazing slap.... After rd 2, Lewis landed all the big shots.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
      A monster straight right is what caused the caught. Not a grazing slap.... After rd 2, Lewis landed all the big shots.
      you are ignoring my point, in a way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7s7kuX8qQ

2:13 - solid punch, not a monster by any means. lewis landed better punches than that several times, only difference was - that particular punch opened a cut that was destined to get enormous.

klitschko landed a ****load of punches way worse than that throughout the fight - they just didn't open any cuts. if vitali opens the cut on lewis and wins, then the fight is still shrouded in equal controversy (if not more since vitali was the underdog). only difference is, vitali would have given him a rematch.

my only point in this entire thing is that the fight was inconclusive. you can't watch that fight and say "oh, well lewis is way better than that guy". and obviously since vitali got busted up, you can't say "oh, well vitali is way better than guy". rematch was the ONLY way that we get a real conclusion, and lewis retired instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
        you are ignoring my point, in a way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7s7kuX8qQ

2:13 - solid punch, not a monster by any means. lewis landed better punches than that several times, only difference was - that particular punch opened a cut that was destined to get enormous.

klitschko landed a ****load of punches way worse than that throughout the fight - they just didn't open any cuts. if vitali opens the cut on lewis and wins, then the fight is still shrouded in equal controversy (if not more since vitali was the underdog). only difference is, vitali would have given him a rematch.

my only point in this entire thing is that the fight was inconclusive. you can't watch that fight and say "oh, well lewis is way better than that guy". and obviously since vitali got busted up, you can't say "oh, well vitali is way better than guy". rematch was the ONLY way that we get a real conclusion, and lewis retired instead.
        You've gone from "grazing" to "solid."

Comment

LL got the **** beat out of him and a lucky american ref stopped it because of a tiny cut.

There should have been a rematch, this time no 10 day notice for both guys ( they were both unprepared).

LL at 38 was slightly past it, but still very game and easily had 5+ fights left in him if the K bros didnt exist.

The fact remains, vitali beat LL into retirement and gives him nightmares to this day. Shame it would have been a good fight if they had a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
            I just watched the fight, and I disagree with damn there everything you just said.

Either way Lewis stopped him at 38 and fat.

Holy ****! Klitszchko2011 just absolutey pwned your *****ass with *TrueFacts* and the above response is the best you could do? You can't "disagree" with *Truefacts* You got pwned almost as bad as Lennox did in the fight with Vitali. You sound desperate to rewrite history and save Lewis' legacy, but the first thing history will recall from his career was that the first time he met a tough SOB the same size as him, he ran for the hills like a ***** with his tail between his legs. Pwned.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              LL got the **** beat out of him and a lucky american ref stopped it because of a tiny cut.

There should have been a rematch, this time no 10 day notice for both guys ( they were both unprepared).

LL at 38 was slightly past it, but still very game and easily had 5+ fights left in him if the K bros didnt exist.

The fact remains, vitali beat LL into retirement and gives him nightmares to this day. Shame it would have been a good fight if they had a rematch.
              How did Lewis get the crap beat out of him? Rd 2 was a dominate rd by Klit. Other then that I felt Lewis landed the harder shots. By no means did either guy dominate that fight though.

Originally posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post

Holy ****! Klitszchko2011 just absolutey pwned your *****ass with *TrueFacts* and the above response is the best you could do? You can't "disagree" with *Truefacts* You got pwned almost as bad as Lennox did in the fight with Vitali. You sound desperate to rewrite history and save Lewis' legacy, but the first thing history will recall from his career was that the first time he met a tough SOB the same size as him, he ran for the hills like a ***** with his tail between his legs. Pwned.
              Ok troll... go masturbate or something. You seem a little worked up.
              Last edited by Battle*Hardened; 07-11-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Ask any real boxer if they like winning fights on "cuts"

I also like how people seem to forget vitali broke LL's nose

Comment

I love it when these topics come around

Lewis beat a couple of ATGs, Hall of Famers etc and dominated a far superior division than either Vitali or Wlad have.

Vitali beat....well no-one of note really.
                  Wladimir beat....well no-one of note really.

Lewis did get koed twice. Wladimir also got koed twice. I dont count the Brewster loss. but Vitali quit....he just quit.

I watch the fight, with my eyes. Vitali got the better of it early and then Lewis started to get into his stride and was landing the big shots including the one that had vitali holding on for dear life in the 6th. Lewis looked more exhausted at the end of the round for sure, but doesnt mean he couldnt finish the fight.

the reason for no rematch was Lewis was done with boxing. he wasnt scared of vitali...seriously. how any "man" could stand their and say lewis was scared is ****in beyond me. the guy beat everyone their was to beat. if a guy who quits on his stool against Chris Byrd is the only challenge out their, whats the point of hanging around.

as for the HBO commentary team saying Lewis got lucky etc, those dip****s are always biased pretty much every fight, one way or the other.

Comment

Vitali's arm was hanging off his shoulder only by the ligaments, anyone would quit.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      You've gone from "grazing" to "solid."
                      i never said lewis's shot was grazing. i made an analogy to explain that winning on cuts when you are down on the cards isn't a clean win like a KO (with the opponent actually hitting the canvas) or lopsided decision would have been.

re read my post

is that a legit win for me? because that is exactly what you are saying right here, except that i just exaggerated the situation
                      but regardless if it was a solid shot, or a grazing shot, or a monster shot - it doesn't matter because a cut opening over your opponent's eye is generally just good fortune. people take monstrous shots all of the time and don't get cut - and often come back to win the fight. once the cut opened, this particular fight was destined to end in controversy because it wasn't going to go beyond a few rounds. the only reason it went as long as it did was because vitali was winning. once the cut opened vitali had 3 rounds to knock lewis out, or lose the fight. he didn't have any other options. was a decision even possible from that point? we don't know what happens if the cut didn't open. that is not the same thing as, "we don't know what happens if vitali didn't get KTFO". because getting a true knockout and winning a fight by CUTS while you are DOWN on score cards are not anywhere near equally prestigious. i don't know why you guys are acting like they are.
                      Last edited by kenso; 07-11-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X