No announcement yet.

Complex 7: Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex 7: Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao

This weekend is shaping up to be a great one for sports, and no, we’re not talking about that epic trivia contest your boss is putting together for his birthday on Friday night. The NBA and NHL playoffs finally hit their second rounds, the Kentucky Derby is Saturday evening, and to top it all off, Ricky Hatton and Manny Pacquiao fight that night for the junior welterweight crown.

If you’re a boxing fan, Hatton and Pacquiao need no introduction; if you’re not, take note: Hatton has never lost in the junior welterweight division and Pacquiao is considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. We recently got with the two pugilists during breaks from their training to talk sneakers and girls and try to stir up a little beef…

#1. WHAT’S YOUR NO. 1 DEAL-BREAKER FOR A POTENTIAL GIRLFRIEND?

Ricky says: I’ve got a fiance now, so it doesn’t matter any more. But before it was attitude; if they love themselves too much, that sort of thing. No point in having a stunner if she’s up her own ass the whole time.

Manny says: I have a wife and I’m very loyal. But I will say she is the most understanding person in the world. Being Manny Pacquiao’s wife is not easy. It’s fun for me and my guys but it’s very difficult for her.

#2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SNEAKER OF ALL TIME?

Ricky says: Nike. I’ve got a pair of trainers at the moment with four bubbles.

Manny says: My new Nike Air Trainer 1. I met the designers and we talked about it. The colors are colors I like: red and gold, and it has my logo on the back with the date of the fight and my face inside.

#3. WHEN’S THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

Ricky says: After the Floyd Mayweather fight.

Manny says: When I was in church for Easter. I didn’t cry, but I had tears in my eyes thinking about the sacrifice Jesus made during Easter.

#4. IF YOU HAD A WEEK-LONG HOLIDAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Ricky says: I’d go with my family, with my son, and spend as much time with him as possible. Which I’m doing after this fight

Manny says: I would take my kids on a vacation. With my business schedule it’s a bit hard for me to spend any time with them. I would either take them to Australia or the Holy Land. I’ve always wanted to go there; I’m a very spiritual person.

#5. WHAT HAS TO BE IN YOUR FRIDGE AT ALL TIMES?

Ricky says: Guinness. We get rid of it during training though, there’s a ban for 12 weeks.

Manny: Water. I drink lots and lots of water.

#6. WHAT’S THE WORST WAY YOU’VE BROKEN UP WITH SOMEONE?

Ricky says: I’m not too sure really. I couldn’t say off the top of me head, there’s no good way. But I’m a pretty decent guy.

Manny says: I don’t know. I never broke up with my girlfriends, they broke up with me.

#7. WHAT’S THE MOST EMBARRASSING PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU’VE WORN?

Ricky says: All of it. Probably what I’ve got on now. The minute the sun comes out I look like the typical British holiday traveler.

Manny says: For Ricky Hatton, it’s probably the thong he wore on 24/7. But for me, I look back on the clothes we used to wear as children, normally bright colors, and back then we didn’t have much money so it was kind of embarrassing.

BONUS QUESTION: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOUR OPPONENT CRIED?

Ricky says: I’ll say the last time Manny cried was when his kids were born.

Manny says: Hopefully not too recently. Maybe when he was a baby? He’s a very nice guy. Ricky is a good person outside the ring and I have the utmost respect for him.

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/04...anny-pacquiao/

that was a funny ass read EC...thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
    X