Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Andre Ward's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate his style and it is so unnecessary because he is very talented and doesnt have to fight that way to find success. get him out of oakland and he'll have to evolve his style because he wont get such generous officiating elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Idgas View Post
      no. his style is unwatchable. effective as it may be, i just don't like it when fighters fight so close. i can tolerate when they put their foreheads together and pick their shots but when they start wrestling to try and disable one of their opponent's arm so they can punch with the other, i can't watch that ****.
      It's definitely not entertaining. It won't bring new fans to boxing.

Comment

only black people "like" that style

and i'm not even trying to be racist (because i'm not) but it's true

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
          Dull? Really?
          Yes Coach. Really.

He needs to pray more imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Please don't tell me you where on the edge of your seat.
            And Wlad gets my heart rate up (no ****)

Comment

Love it, encourage it, want to see more.

Comment

I don't like the **** because he doesn't need to do it to win. It has been two fights in a row in which he's done this ****. I'm beginning to think that's his defense.
                Last edited by Toda Caine; 06-20-2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

his style is pretty awful. if he's fighting like Bernard Hopkins at this point in his career, imagine him in 10 years! THAT will be the ugliest style the world has ever known.

Comment

Originally posted by Toda Caine View Post
                    I don't like the **** because he doesn't need to do it to win. It has been two fights in a row in which he's done this ****. I'm beginning to think that's his defense.
                    You hit it right on the head Caine. Thats exactly why he does that. He's afraid to fight on the inside and he's afraid to get hit.

Its one short burst of offense i.e one punch (two if we're lucky) and run in and hold.

**** that ****. lol....

Comment

Originally posted by -Jack- View Post
                      You hit it right on the head Caine. Thats exactly why he does that. He's afraid to fight on the inside and he's afraid to get hit.

Its one short burst of offense i.e one punch (two if we're lucky) and run in and hold.

**** that ****. lol....
                      He actually did some clinching against Miranda but not as much, the better is competition is, the more he does it. Then he begins to fight inside. The only time he'll stop and be tested is when someone gets rough back with him i.e. Abraham & Froch.

Ward throws a punch or two then lunges or reaches in. Or he'll throw a punch, back up and put his lead hand up or both hands up and bounce. If his opponent doesn't throw, then he reaches in clinch or pretend to then throw punches while being close. The ref breaks them up, then repeat. He has the skills to not fight this way but the kid doesn't have a legit defense. That's just his style.

He should not be compared to Roy Jones or Floyd Mayweather in any way.
                      Last edited by Toda Caine; 06-20-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X