Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy God Compubox is Innacurrate Ortiz Threw 27 Punches Rd 4? I count 47

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason Floyd fanboys are getting mad is that compubox is their main argument as to what makes Floyd great. I had never gone thru the trouble of counting punches to prove compubox wrong, but the numbers from compubox have always looked incredibly distorted. I hate when HBO shows the compubox stats because it seems like it is used to convince the casual boxing fans as to who won a fight. Boxing seems more fixed than ever. It appears they are building up Floyd just to destroy him vs Pac. $$$$$$

Comment

There is no computer in Compu-box...

I listened to interviews genaro hernandez gave about his days as a compubox recorder. I was left thinking WTF! There's no computer in compu-box. they basically give two guys atari sized calculators and they have to push this wierd as **** number from 1thru10 to record the type of punch thrown or landed in the round. There is no way a human can keep up with the pace of fight let alone remember digits to press to record the type of hit it was. He said the CEO of the company and his brother would get all the big HBO fights, and they would let newbies like him do the "lesser" fights.

Bottom line HIGHLY in accurate. It's no wonder that watching the video and pausing and rewinding yields a higher accuracy and better representation of the story of the fight.

Comment

This isn't news. Also, according to Compubox Floyd was landing at like 50%

Yeah... No he wasn't.

Comment

yep compubox sucks..but now *******s say its good

Comment

lol......................

Comment

I still think it sucks. But then again Im not bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                yep compubox sucks..but now *******s say its good
                I dont think Pac tards are in this thread right now but I do know this, every Floyd fans is required to use those stats, well thats the way it seems and you live by them all except the stats from Castillo fight 1

Comment

oh man this is the video ive been looking for anyone got it whewre i can watch it

Comment

Yeah, Compubox is rigged to make Floyd look good.

Actually, compubox seemed pretty spot on for that fight, given that Floyd's total % connect rate was 35%, which was clearly evident that they counted him throwing more jabs in that fight. But, a lot of the jabs Floyd threw were more range finders.

It's not absolute and perfect but I'd bet it's the best way to track punches thrown and landed, that's for sure.

To suggest that it's bias in favor of Floyd and him alone, is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
                      This isn't news. Also, according to Compubox Floyd was landing at like 50%

Yeah... No he wasn't.
                      They had him landing 35% of his punches against Ortiz and 49% of his power punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X