No announcement yet.

the only guy who can match Juanma at featherweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
    I disagree as I think Cabellero, Chris John and possible Elio Rojas can beat him. I'm not saying they do but they do have very good chances and match up well against Lopez.
    After seeing John-Juarez II, I completely disagree. Juanma would fight the way Juarez did, but for 12 rounds. He just needs to work on his defense a bit though, because John is capable of outboxing him. I still see Juanma as being too much for him though.

Caballero is there to be hit as we saw in his last fight. If Juanma connects the way Yordan was, its lights out. And same thing applies if Gamboa fought Caballero (and we all know Gamboa is lightyears ahead of Yordan in skill). I honestly think both would stop him.

As for Rojas, I don't know...I can't see him winning either.

Gamboa-Lopez is the fight I wanna see. I wonder how many decades will pass before Bob Arum allows that to happen...

Comment

I'm always gonna support JuanMa.. It could go either way honestly.. its a pretty good and stacked division.. But I would have Gamboa winning not by much of a margin... its a toss up could definately go either way.. Chris John i think will give anyone problems.. and boxes circles around both.. but this is boxing and if JuanMa or Gamboa can land a solid flush hit then either could take out Chris in my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        After seeing John-Juarez II, I completely disagree. Juanma would fight the way Juarez did, but for 12 rounds. He just needs to work on his defense a bit though, because John is capable of outboxing him. I still see Juanma as being too much for him though.

Caballero is there to be hit as we saw in his last fight. If Juanma connects the way Yordan was, its lights out. And same thing applies if Gamboa fought Caballero (and we all know Gamboa is lightyears ahead of Yordan in skill). I honestly think both would stop him.

Gamboa-Lopez is the fight I wanna see. I wonder how many decades will pass before Bob Arum allows that to happen...
        great post. after seeing john-juarez 2 and caballero-yordan fight, i was able to spot flaws that juanma can easily take advantage of. i also believe that juanma will whoop both john and caballero basing my thoughts on those fights

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
          caballero is too sloppy, i see him as a decent class = B fighter who has so many flaws that juanma can easily take advantage of. chris john got hurt by juarez, juanma will finish him
          Honestly bro I never said they would beat him, but IMO they will give him all types of problems and a win by either would not shock me.

As far as Chris John, so many people are really sleeping on him as a fighter. He may not be the most exciting guy, but he is very efficient and an excellent boxer.

I mean he did by JMM and whether people want to say it was a robbery, it still was a very close fight......which should tell you something about John as Marquez is one of the greatest FW's of this era.

FWIW I favor Lopez over all of these guys, but I'm just posting this as food for thought, and to say that they do have great chances against Juanma.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post

You do have a point but at the same time I could point out the Mtagwa fight as well as Bernabe dropping Juanma with that one shot.

The thing is this though......we can't just pick and chose certain fights to judge a fighter.....rather we got to look at that person entire body of work.

I see your a Bradley fan and no offense but he didn't look too hot against witter while Alexander looked sensational.

Still I can't use that fight as a gauge because It's obvious, by Bradley's body of work, that fight wasn't one of his best performances and Tim is much better than that.

In similar fashion I just think it's a bit unfair to use one fight against John as a gauge of his entire carer.

Again I favor Juanma but John won't be a walk in the park and I wouldn't be shocked if John won via UD.

Comment

If Mtagwa was able to do that to Juanma, imagine what it's going to be for him when he's in there with a guy like Gamboa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
                You do have a point but at the same time I could point out the Mtagwa fight as well as Bernabe dropping Juanma with that one shot.

The thing is this though......we can't just pick and chose certain fights to judge a fighter.....rather we got to look at that person entire body of work.

I see your a Bradley fan and no offense but he didn't look too hot against witter while Alexander looked sensational.

Still I can't use that fight as a gauge because It's obvious, by Bradley's body of work, that fight wasn't one of his best performances and Tim is much better than that.

In similar fashion I just think it's a bit unfair to use one fight against John as a gauge of his entire carer.

Again I favor Juanma but John won't be a walk in the park and I wouldn't be shocked if John won via UD.
                He really struggled to make 122 for the Mtagwa fight. If that were him in the ring with him at 126 instead of Gamboa, it would have ended just as early. And that Concepcion knockdown was a reckless move because he didn't think Concepcion could land anything off of the ropes. Boy was he wrong lol and I think Concepcion's power is very underrated.

As for Chris John, I see your point. I wasn't so much trying to point out the Juarez fight individually, but more so trying to say that he's getting older and easier to hit. Surprisingly the first Juarez fight was a better example of that, even though he wasn't as hurt as he was in the second one. If Juanma caught him with a good shot, I can see him getting shaken up badly. I think the Marquez fight will be a good evaluation of how he does against boxers, because while Marquez is not at his best, he certainly still has some great boxing skills.

Comment

i really hope this fight happens next year as promised what a great fight t would be

Comment

I was re-watching JuanMa vs Concepcion yesterday. I completely forgot Concepcion backed in the corner landing that left-hand knocking JuanMa down. Caught me off guard.

That was a bad-ass fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                      with that said, im picking juanma to win against rafa. ill be more than happy to take bets
                      I'll take 50k of that if you're up for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X