No announcement yet.

I'm getting drunk tonight and talking about space

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    Larry's gonna forget to take the lens cap off and think his telescope is broken...he will then go back to Toys R Us and demand a refund all drunk and ****
    I'm literally laughing out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Dude when you break it down, we are on a rock floating in space.

Let me post the link for this awesome documentary let me find it. You'll all enjoy it.
      Where is space , is exactly my point.

When you think about it , ants are tiny right. In proportion to what's out there we aren't even the size of ants. Microbes??? Not even sure we are that big. It's f*****g insane.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        space my ass. You peepin in windows.
        Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Larry's gonna forget to take the lens cap off and think his telescope is broken...he will then go back to Toys R Us and demand a refund all drunk and ****
        lmfao...........

Comment

Originally posted by MODAPHUKA View Post
          Where is space , is exactly my point.

When you think about it , ants are tiny right. In proportion to what's out there we aren't even the size of ants. Microbes??? Not even sure we are that big. It's f*****g insane.
          This is why I think that people who don't believe in extraterrestrial life are ****ing insane. There are about 1 BILLION stars per galaxy, and that's a conservative estimate. There are billions of galaxy's in the known universe.

Hell there might even be life on Europa! Very primitive but life

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            lmfao...........
            Let me borrow that telescope hommie!!!! *scratching my neck like a crack addict*

Comment

Damn, LarryXXX. What kind of telescope did you get? There are a lot of cool things to see in space, but it takes time and patience. I have found maybe 15-20 objects, that are really cool to look at. I don't know where you live, but if you go out to a really dark site, far from light pollution, then you will see the night sky completely different. From here, you'll be able to see the Milky Way span across the entire sky. Everything in the sky is a lot brighter from a dark site, and stars look like orbs, not tiny points of like.

Here is a list of things I can remember seeing...

Solar System:
              Moon
              Venus
              Mars
              Jupiter
              Saturn
              Neptune or Uranus (I forgot)
              Comet PanStar

Galaxy:
              M-31
              M-81
              M-82

Nebula:
              Ring Nebula
              Orion Nebula
              Lagoon Nebula
              Owl Nebula

Clusters:
              M-13

Check out this video and this dudes channel to see what to expect when looking through a telescope. It will look better through a telescope, since it will not be grainy. Plus, you add in the fact that if you're alone in the desert, everything is freaking completely quite. Also, think about the fact that not a lot of people get to see some of the things that you will see through a telescope. It's good to take a step back and think about what it all means. The Universe is God's gift and represents his power. Finally, It's just really cool being able to find and see something that is millions of light years away...

Last edited by sparkman0811; 02-07-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                This is why I think that people who don't believe in extraterrestrial life are ****ing insane. There are about 1 BILLION stars per galaxy, and that's a conservative estimate. There are billions of galaxy's in the known universe.

Hell there might even be life on Europa! Very primitive but life
                This and everything is essentially made of the same base elements so no reason the right combinations and conditions that produced life here wouldn't have happened countless times everywhere throughout the universe. Problems is universe is so immense that exploration can't be achieved through means of mere increases in speed even at light speed everything is just too far a distance away.

Comment

STFU Larry you ho.

Comment

that is awesome. i'd get a telescope if i didn't live near so many streetlights. it sucks.

how much does an entry level telescope cost?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      that is awesome. i'd get a telescope if i didn't live near so many streetlights. it sucks.

how much does an entry level telescope cost?
                      $300-$400 is a good amount for something that is worthwhile. Dobsonian telescopes are good since they are easy to use and have the biggest diameter. They are known as light buckets. The purpose of a telescope is to collect the most light. You can get a 8-10" diameter dobsonian for $300-$400.

This is me with my dobsonian...

Comment

Working...
                      X