Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Maritnez vs Diego Magdaleno April 6.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason i have a feeling that Magdaleno is gonna get Laid out. Just have that feeling.

If a rematch with burgos happens, burgos will win.

If a rematch with beltran happens, Rocky wins again. That fight was for a vacant title, Beltran felt like getting on the bicycle and not wanting to do enough to win the fight. Sorry no rematch. If he would've really came to fight like Rocky did, he could've easily won that fight a la Burgos.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki
      For some reason i have a feeling that Magdaleno is gonna get Laid out. Just have that feeling.

If a rematch with burgos happens, burgos will win.

If a rematch with beltran happens, Rocky wins again. That fight was for a vacant title, Beltran felt like getting on the bicycle and not wanting to do enough to win the fight. Sorry no rematch. If he would've really came to fight like Rocky did, he could've easily won that fight a la Burgos.
      Yea Idk why people are complaining about the Beltran fight. And truthfully I wasn't surprised 1 bit by the outcome of the Burgos fight either.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        Yeah thats y he avoiding the rematch with burgos.
        just stop. if thats the fight that presented itself, he would have no problem taking it. Ever since he put on a strap and lost it, he's been taking difficult fights.

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Yea Idk why people are complaining about the Beltran fight. And truthfully I wasn't surprised 1 bit by the outcome of the Burgos fight either.

On the outcome that Burgos won easily or that he was robbed? lol

That was a whooping like Trout on Cotto and Trout got the UD comfortably, so it wasn't cuz it was NY, it was cuz of imcompetent judges.

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
          just stop. if thats the fight that presented itself, he would have no problem taking it. Ever since he put on a strap and lost it, he's been taking difficult fights.

That was a whooping like Trout on Cotto and Trout got the UD comfortably, so it wasn't cuz it was NY, it was cuz of imcompetent judges.

I have to agree with your statement. Trout beat Cotto in NY and he was given the decision so clearly not a NY thing. Blame the judges, not NY and never Rocky.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by onechance87

Yeah thats y he avoiding the rematch with burgos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

I wasn't surprised by the decision. I thought Rocky won a couple of the early rounds but then after he tasted Burgos's power he backed off a little till the late rounds. I'm not saying Rocky won but as I watched this fight and read everybody had it a shut out I told them I wouldn't be surprised if the judges had it closer than most people thought/had it. Do I think Burgos was robbed? Yea but I can also see where the judges were coming from.

As far as the rematch goes, unless Burgos had a clause then Rocky is just gonna fight whoever they put in front of him.

Comment

I wasn't surprised by the decision. I thought Rocky won a couple of the early rounds but then after he tasted Burgos's power he backed off a little till the late rounds. I'm not saying Rocky won but as I watched this fight and read everybody had it a shut out I told them I wouldn't be surprised if the judges had it closer than most people thought/had it. Do I think Burgos was robbed? Yea but I can also see where the judges were coming from.

As far as the rematch goes, unless Burgos had a clause then Rocky is just gonna fight whoever they put in front of him.

I agree. The fairest possible score for this fight would be 116-112. Rocky was preassuring the whole fight, which could change perspective. Burgos focus was body work, and basically no head work. Maybe that also influenced the judges the other way.

Comment

Quote:

I agree. The fairest possible score for this fight would be 116-112. Rocky was preassuring the whole fight, which could change perspective. Burgos focus was body work, and basically no head work. Maybe that also influenced the judges the other way.
                I can understand why people are mad at Rocky for the robbery. I used to be the same towards P.Will when Lara was robbed but then I realized they have nothing to do with it (they might some times).

Comment

yep

I can understand why people are mad at Rocky for the robbery. I used to be the same towards P.Will when Lara was robbed but then I realized they have nothing to do with it (they might some times).

On a side note.....Rocky's fight are always exciting, the man does not know how to back up and moves forward even after being crushed with body shots like the ones Burgos was hitting him with. Cant take his heart away.

Cant wait to see him fight Magdaleno.

Comment

Beltran, Burgos and Magdaleno.. Broner most copy these kind of challenges this frequently

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac
                      Quote:

On a side note.....Rocky's fight are always exciting, the man does not know how to back up and moves forward even after being crushed with body shots like the ones Burgos was hitting him with. Cant take his heart away.

Cant wait to see him fight Magdaleno.
                      Haha indeed. He's relentless and I thought that would win him the fight but Burgos showed more experience than I expected. He's outing vs Cristobal Cruz wasn't too impressive so I figured Rocky could do some damage. Burgos did very well. Not sure how Burgos would do vs Salgado or Gamboa or Magdaleno (if he beats Rocky) tho. Man 130 could be a very good division. Too bad Fortuna has a belt at 126 now too. Russell Jr (when he moves up), Fortuna, Gamboa, Salgado, Burgos, Rocky, Uchiyama. And Salido possibly moving up too.

Comment

Working...
                      X