No announcement yet.

Amir khan has too many flaws to fix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
    Man 1st paragraph had merit second shows your intentions.

HATER.
    Not really.

it's calling a spade a spade.

The man doesn't have the the STRENGTH of mind to admit his weaknesses to HIMSELF.

This is the reason he fight's the way he does.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Nah... he's been trained for years, and has fought with an amateur style... Jump in... shoot a ton of pitty patts and jump out, people are wise to it, all you have to do is stand your ground and thump him with a solid accurate counter in between his shots... not too mention his inside game... ISN'T.

I give Khan a ton of credit on his heart, he definitely does not want to lose... but he thinks hand speed is everything... it isn't, especially when you leave your head in still motion.

He's young, but at this point... it's hard to change what you've grown to learn.
      You're right about saying its hard to change a fighters style. What Khan can learn is patience and how to roll with, and parry punches. You want him to keep his style because he became a champion using that style but his biggest problem is exposing his chin when he opens up. More feints, a jab, and patience on defense while being attacked can be applied to his style.

Comment

He's good for a laugh when you wants to see a fugazi cleaning tha canvas wit his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Not really.

it's calling a spade a spade.

The man doesn't have the the STRENGTH of mind to admit his weaknesses to HIMSELF.

This is the reason he fight's the way he does.
          A man admits his weakness to himself not the public, he is in the business as a fighter he has to stay relevant and look tough and play off his loses.

simple.

He always try to box and stuff but when he gets caught and hurt he goes back to his heart, cause heart is all that gets you through that moment and his heart is a fight, never mind he just aint that tough but that his heart.
          Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 09-02-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            A man admits his weakness to himself not the public, he is in the business as a fighter he has to stay relevant and look tough and play off his loses.

simple.

He always try to box and stuff but when he gets caught and hurt he goes back to his heart, cause heart is all that gets you through that moment and his heart is a fight, never mind he just ain that tought but that his heart.
            Damn near perfect post.

Comment

Khan turned pro in 2005 and we're barely seeing this thread. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Weak chin, weak mind, no defence at all, poor footwork, poor punch variety, average physical strength, average punch power.
                How is Khan weak minded? Yes, he lacks defence but he's under a trainer who preaches ' throw at them, so they cannot throw back ' defence. His footwork isn't poor and his punch variety doesn't lack. He was physically strong under Ariza and Khan's lack of punch power is countered by his speed.

Khan's arrogance is his undoing, he wants to entertain the audience but creates a great risk. Someone wise like Richardson would do wonders with him I reckon.

I think you're bitter that a fighter you once supported wasn't what you thought he was.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  How is Khan weak minded? Yes, he lacks defence but he's under a trainer who preaches ' throw at them, so they cannot throw back ' defence. His footwork isn't poor and his punch variety doesn't lack. He was physically strong under Ariza and Khan's lack of punch power is countered by his speed.

Khan's arrogance is his undoing, he wants to entertain the audience but creates a great risk. Someone wise like Richardson would do wonders with him I reckon.

I think you're bitter that a fighter you once supported wasn't what you thought he was.
                  that's not the case.

I'v given Khan the benefit of the doubt time after time, but at some point you have to be realistic.

Go back and watch pre roach/ariza Khan.

He is the SAME, he fights THE SAME.

Richardson or Steward can only improve him if he's willing, and I don't think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                    say what you want but dude is a true warriror. he stands and fights even when hes hurt, hasnt ducked anyone and went for the best in his division. great TV fighter
                    I agree, the kid's got Heart. And this is what happens when you don't duck and face everybody.

Comment

agree

it would be one thing if he were 18 years old
                      he's 25 and has two stoppage losses and has made a reputation for getting rocked around the ring

he, ortiz, linares, all of these flawed young guys have shown that they cannot change. great fighters adapt. these guys will never be great fighters.

khan will stick around, though. he's made me a fan. as long as i can hit the mute button when he's running that mouth of his, i'll be happy as a clam to see him back on HBO,.

Comment

Working...
                      X