Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Russell career has been disappointing so far...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Russell career has been disappointing so far...

He has fought pure bums & lost his one & only important fight to Lomachenko....Gary Russell got Talent no doubt but he needs to prove it against known name opponents like Mares & Santa Cruz...I wouldn't mind seeing Russell vs Marriaga first early 2016 then fight Santa Cruz during the summer of 2016...

I agree, he spent too long fighting TBA's and when he stepped up he clearly lost again Lomo, he beat Gonzalez but gonzales been done who been riding the wave of beating Mares.

Comment

Why he only fought once last year is beyond me. He's in a talented division, up and down.

Comment

Dude really needs to step it up. I know Mares has been saying he'd fight him if no Santa Cruz rematch. Gary needs to step up and get active, and not against his arch rival TBA

Comment

Although I don't rate Jhonny highly at 130, especially since his return after losing to Russel Jr has been rather depressing.. It's still a very good win and name for Gary. I was even bashing T Rex arms throughout the build up the fight and gave him little to no chance on beating Jhonny. Sadly, I was mistaken and Gary Russel Jr made me eat crow .

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            Although I don't rate Jhonny highly at 130, especially since his return after losing to Russel Jr has been rather depressing.. It's still a very good win and name for Gary. I was even bashing T Rex arms throughout the build up the fight and gave him little to no chance on beating Jhonny. Sadly, I was mistaken and Gary Russel Jr made me eat crow .
            I was also surprised by the KO win too over Gonzalez....how would Russell do against a guy like Miguel Marriaga in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
              I was also surprised by the KO win too over Gonzalez....how would Russell do against a guy like Miguel Marriaga in your opinion?
              Depends on what Russel jr shows up for the fight. If it's the one that showed up for Jhonny, I can see him grinding out a hard earned decision. If it's the same Russel jr that had a hard time and was constantly ambushed and pushed back against a journeyman like Martin (iirc his name correctly), he's in for another loss. Marriaga is a good fighter and seems rather strong, I would love for it to go down.

Comment

1 fight in 2015 , The kid need to get in there and fight more

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
                  He has fought pure bums & lost his one & only important fight to Lomachenko....Gary Russell got Talent no doubt but he needs to prove it against known name opponents like Mares & Santa Cruz...I wouldn't mind seeing Russell vs Marriaga first early 2016 then fight Santa Cruz during the summer of 2016...
                  Hermano, who has beaten lomachenko?? Very few! That is one bad axx mofo!

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    1 fight in 2015 , The kid need to get in there and fight more
                    anyone knows what was he purse for that last fight. If I was in his shoes ill be wanting to fight much as possible and stack that cash up.

Comment

Working...
                    X