No announcement yet.

GGG and Duran (photo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG and Duran (photo)

stumbled across this on facebook. my favorite of all time and one of my current favorites.

Followed shortly by "In my era GGG would have been a nobody." Sorry, had to. Duran thinks everyone sucks balls these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
      Followed shortly by "In my era GGG would have been a nobody." Sorry, had to. Duran thinks everyone sucks balls these days.
      Funny, I was just thinking it looks like one of those pictures you can put a caption to. Duran to Golovkin: "In my era, you would have been a nobody." lol

Nice picture, though.

Comment

I swear that looks just like Vasilly Jirov behind Duran. Been going back and forth between this pic and Jirov's boxrec pic....Wouldn't surprise me as both are from Kazakhstan.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post

''in my era people without smartphone are smart, people in your era with smartphones are dumb.'' - duran

Comment

the Duran who fought hagler vs ggg who wins?

Who am kidding ggg by decapitation

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I swear that looks just like Vasilly Jirov behind Duran. Been going back and forth between this pic and Jirov's boxrec pic....Wouldn't surprise me as both are from Kazakhstan.

Does anyone see the resemblance in careers with Jirov as well? Jirov started 30-0 (27) and had a non stop pressure style designed to wear fighters down. I use to love watching him too!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Does anyone see the resemblance in careers with Jirov as well? Jirov started 30-0 (27) and had a non stop pressure style designed to wear fighters down. I use to love watching him too!
                Yes it's Jirov in the backround. He was relentless but Golovkin has much better technique, versatility and very good defense while Jirov had virtually none for alot of his career.

Comment

Yea that looks Jirov in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                    Yes it's Jirov in the backround. He was relentless but Golovkin has much better technique, versatility and very good defense while Jirov had virtually none for alot of his career.
                    That to me made him so exciting. He was one of my favorite for a while and I got to sir ringside for his war with Toney.

Comment

Working...
                    X