Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever Wanna see Hopkins "Fight" again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No disagree his age is just an excuse for his dirty tactics now. He is boring, has no pop and is just a spoiler. Not that I do think Dawson is much better.

I grew to respect him but he is nothing but a veteran that has survived & outlasted his era mainly by spoiling.

I don't care what any bast4rd on here says he is nothing but a smaller, older version of John Ruiz.

Comment

But guys....he's 47!!!

Cmon

Comment

He needs to hang 'em up. Period.

Comment

yes, hopkins looked brilliant tonight.

you guys must have let the politics of boxing cloud your judgment.

114-114 seemed about right.

But seriously, I would like to see him retire. He did nothing meaningful in the fight tonight and prime Hopkins wouldn't have been beaten or at least this clearly. I think a guy like Dawson would have always been trouble for Hopkins, but tonight showed that he isn't half the fight he once was.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see it but I'd probably somehow end up watching it anyways.
            My opinion as well. One of my favorite fighters. I hope he doesn't fight again, but if he did, I'd watch it...

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              yes, hopkins looked brilliant tonight.

you guys must have let the politics of boxing cloud your judgment.

114-114 seemed about right.

But seriously, I would like to see him retire. He did nothing meaningful in the fight tonight and prime Hopkins wouldn't have been beaten or at least this clearly. I think a guy like Dawson would have always been trouble for Hopkins, but tonight showed that he isn't half the fight he once was.

No I disagree, he has always fought the same, a little more gunshy maybe but always the same.
              My opinion has changed though I always did know it deep down, he is only this ''wiley old fox/veteran'' if you're inexperienced.
              Same old ****, time & time again!
              He isn't spectacular from the outside as he has no jab, a right hand lead after paw, paw, paw.

He looks down, hes using his knee as a measuring stick.

At mid-range he is going to try grab, his inside game consists of fcuk all but spoiling rabbit-punching.

Easier said than done but he is very predictable and noway near as clever as people think unless you play into his hands.

Becareful of his head more of his than his fists. IMO to beat this *guy is don't let him sucker you into that right hand & spoil.
              Last edited by dan_cov; 04-29-2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

In Floyd voice: The Bernard Hopkins with 6 losses, that's the one you talkin about!?

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                  It wasn't as dirty as his fight with Echols...

Bernard used every trick in the book to try and pull it out but Dawson was a bad style matchup and couldn't be intimidated or taken out of his game...credit to Chad

Bernard knows he lost, which his probably why he didn't do the interview...I think he'll give Chad his props once its all said and done though...

Even at 47 Bernard can beat or at least give a lotta top fighters a bunch of headaches
                  ...he doesn't really have anything else to probe...he could bow out but knowing him he's stubborn...hope he doesn't end up hurting himself...
                  Out of respect I'm just gonna leave that alone..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    No I disagree, he has always fought the same, a little more gunshy maybe but always the same.
                    My opinion has changed though I always did know it deep down, he is only this ''wiley old fox/veteran'' if you're inexperienced.
                    Same old ****, time & time again!
                    He isn't spectacular from the outside as he has no jab, a right hand lead after paw, paw, paw.

He looks down, hes using his knee as a measuring stick.

At mid-range he is going to try grab, his inside game consists of **** all but spoiling rabbit-punching.

Easier said than done but he is very predictable and noway near as clever as people think unless you play into his hands.

Becareful more of his than his fists. IMO to beat this guy is don't let him sucker you into that right hand & spoil.
                    i disagree. You have to remember that Dawson is a lefty so its nealy impossible to use the jab against them. Dawson is also just the worst matchup in boxing for him because he's taller, Southpaw, faster, bigger, and so on. He would still give a ton of other guys hell

Comment

So you guys dont wanna see anymore of this?

Comment

Working...
                      X