No announcement yet.

What's with Emanual Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with Emanual Steward?

Is it me, or does he say the same thing in the first round of every fight?

"This fight is going just as i expected it to go"

Now how on earth can u determine this less than 3 minutes into the fight? LOL. I hear him say it for every fight!

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Is it me, or does he say the same thing in the first round of every fight?

"This fight is going just as i expected it to go"

Now how on earth can u determine this less than 3 minutes into the fight? LOL. I hear him say it for every fight!
    That and he usually says

"This is happening in the second round, i expected this to happen around the fourth round or so."

Comment

HBO commentators are more worried about their egos than the actual fight itself. But Steward does call fights pretty well and I would rather take his word over the others any day.

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
        HBO commentators are more worried about their egos than the actual fight itself. But Steward does call fights pretty well and I would rather take his word over the others any day.
        Yes he calls fights pretty well, but there is absolutely NO WAY u can claim that a fight is going just as u expected it to go just 1 or 2 minutes into the very first round! LOL.

Comment

The pattern was set very early in this fight though. I thought Tim would be the aggressor and carry the fight to Devon and you could see that occurring after the first couple of minutes. I actually told my wife the same thing Emanuel said, that the fight was playing out exactly how I thought it would. Tim was just walking him down and putting immense mental and physical pressure on Devon. I didn't think it was that bad of a fight before Devon "tapped out" and quit but I did see it being an almost complete shutout in Tim's favor. Devon won no more than two rounds in my opinion.

Comment

He's less annoying than Lennox. I tolerate it. Larry Merchant continues to get more senile, and Lampley is really starting to annoy me...

Comment

It's just a habit maybe...he's a good analyst though. I like Steward better than Lewis.

Comment

What's worse is he did his little analysis at the beginning of how he saw the fight going...and the fight ended up being the complete opposite and he still had the nerve to say the fight was going how he thought it would

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamer View Post
                  What's worse is he did his little analysis at the beginning of how he saw the fight going...and the fight ended up being the complete opposite and he still had the nerve to say the fight was going how he thought it would
                  This is what I noticed too.

Comment

What weirded me out was moreso him putting emphasis on this supposed "hand speed" advantage alexander has over bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X