Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward loses to Kovalev what are the chances of GGG-Ward happening then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BombZquad View Post
    If Ward loses to Kovalev do you think Ward will go after GGG? At 168 of course. It'd be his last chance at a fairly big money fight but I have doubts GGG will risk it.
    Doesn't matter. GGG won't go up to 175 to fight him and Andre can't make 168.

Comment

There is zero chance of it happening unless GGG initiates the fight. You have to realize this is why GGG fans don't want the fight to happen. Every time you see a post saying they doubt the fight will happen it's always a GGG fan writing it and and GGG fans saying it won't happen. Ward is the elephant in the room when it comes to GGG. They know deep down in their heart GGG didn't want to fight Ward. They can make up excuses like Ward is in a higher weight class. Ward couldn't make 168. Ward was inactive. But deep down they know GGG didn't want it. He backed himself into a corner by fighting Brook. Now that Brook has moved up two weight classes to fight GGG it's perfectly reasonable to say GGG should move up 2 weight classes to fight Ward. That's why you always hear them say GGG is a small MW. But if he's a small MW why doesn't he go to 154 to fight a champion there? Then they'll make up another excuse. Now they'll say Kell Brook weighed more than GGG at the 30 day weigh in. Yes he did but that doesn't make him "bigger" than GGG. Lemieux weighed in the same at the 30 day weigh in but nobody will claim Brook is bigger than Lemieux. Like Breadman said today in his article. It doesn't suprise him Kell weighed so much. Most fighters weigh more than they claim to walk around at. Very few fighters (GGG, Floyd, Pac, Hopkins) stay in shape all year round. Hopkins jumped over 168 straight to 175. But some fighters do what it takes to be great. Like Hopkins said, the frauds in boxing will be exposed in due time.

When I say it's GGG first, Kovalev second, fans not wanting the fight to happen I'm not making this up. Look at the poll results from Freedom. thread asking will the fight happen.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/po...s&pollid=48113
      Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Ward has said many times recently that he was struggling to make 168 and can't make 168 anymore and will never return to that weight. He also said even making 175 is not easy. Ward is a guy who demands everything his way. If he goes after GGG he will insist the fight be at 175 or no fight. GGG is highly unlikely to spot a fighter of Ward's considerable ability 15 pounds and what fair minded person could blame him for that? This fight will never happen in my opinion.

Comment

Why would GGG give Ward a payday if he loses to Kovalev?

Ward has no fans, brings no money, is a terrible Diva and exposed himself saying he has problems making 175 and couldnt possibly fight at 168 when he made a so called offer to fight GGG at 168 right about now.

Nobody who wants to actually fight should deal with that pretender. He will just waste your time with his terrible attitude. Also Roc Nation are the worst promoter in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
            By that time it will be irrelevant as Leonard-Hearns II
            Idiotic comment, both were champs and it was hyped rematch that Leonard is still asked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              There is zero chance of it happening unless GGG initiates the fight. You have to realize this is why GGG fans don't want the fight to happen. Every time you see a post saying they doubt the fight will happen it's always a GGG fan writing it and and GGG fans saying it won't happen. Ward is the elephant in the room when it comes to GGG. They know deep down in their heart GGG didn't want to fight Ward. They can make up excuses like Ward is in a higher weight class. Ward couldn't make 168. Ward was inactive. But deep down they know GGG didn't want it. He backed himself into a corner by fighting Brook. Now that Brook has moved up two weight classes to fight GGG it's perfectly reasonable to say GGG should move up 2 weight classes to fight Ward. That's why you always hear them say GGG is a small MW. But if he's a small MW why doesn't he go to 154 to fight a champion there? Then they'll make up another excuse. Now they'll say Kell Brook weighed more than GGG at the 30 day weigh in. Yes he did but that doesn't make him "bigger" than GGG. Lemieux weighed in the same at the 30 day weigh in but nobody will claim Brook is bigger than Lemieux. Like Breadman said today in his article. It doesn't suprise him Kell weighed so much. Most fighters weigh more than they claim to walk around at. Very few fighters (GGG, Floyd, Pac, Hopkins) stay in shape all year round. Hopkins jumped over 168 straight to 175. But some fighters do what it takes to be great. Like Hopkins said, the frauds in boxing will be exposed in due time.

When I say it's GGG first, Kovalev second, fans not wanting the fight to happen I'm not making this up. Look at the poll results from Freedom. thread asking will the fight happen.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/po...s&pollid=48113
              I am a GGG fan and I am not worried about GGG fighting Ward. I think GGG can beat Ward at any weight and it would be a good win for him. Please don't try to read the minds of GGG fans because you suck at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                Why would GGG give Ward a payday if he loses to Kovalev?

Ward has no fans, brings no money, is a terrible Diva and exposed himself saying he has problems making 175 and couldnt possibly fight at 168 when he made a so called offer to fight GGG at 168 right about now.

Nobody who wants to actually fight should deal with that pretender. He will just waste your time with his terrible attitude. Also Roc Nation are the worst promoter in the business.
                Aww are you scared for your hype job?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I am a GGG fan and I am not worried about GGG fighting Ward. I think GGG can beat Ward at any weight and it would be a good win for him. Please don't try to read the minds of GGG fans because you suck at it.
                  There's a reason Golovkin refused to fight him. It's like saying Canelo beats Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                    By that time it will be irrelevant as Leonard-Hearns II
                    Ok.. Wouldn't you watch it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Like Hopkins said, the frauds in boxing will be exposed in due time.
                      You quote the guy who didnt move up in weight until he was 40 years old and was beaten twice by Jermain Taylor?

The guy who works for Golden Boy and says everything to protect Canelo and is terrified by GGG beating beating his golden goose up?

Comment

Working...
                      X