Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis win vs Golota > Any of Wlad's wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis win vs Golota > Any of Wlad's wins?

Does Wladimir Klitschko have a better win than Lewis KO1 over Golota?

If so, who?
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Lewis' stoppage of golata at the time was a huge win and def more spectacular than any of wlads wins,, So is lewis' wins over ruddock n grant...

But in terms of significance, i think wlad's wins over haye and povetkin are on par with the golata win,,,,, maybe even the sultan and chagev wins because the held belts

But lewis' wins were much more spectacular IMO

Comment

Golota never even won a title, he lost every big fight he ever had.

David Haye was a two division titlist, former undisputed cruise weight champ and heavyweight titlist. Wlad dominated him. You think that little of Haye?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankSucketts View Post

David Haye was a two division titlist, former undisputed cruise weight champ and heavyweight titlist. Wlad dominated him. You think that little of Haye?
        Haye was fighting with a hurt toe though

Comment

For what its worth

Haye would ko golata quickly

Comment

Apparently, he's turned his back on his now former poster boy

Comment

Does Lewis have a better win than Haye? Neither Tyson or Holyfield were better than Haye at the time Lewis fought them. In fact, both were done (especially Tyson) by the time Lewis fought them. Ruddock? He never did anything with his career, he's best known for his losses. Frank Bruno? Lewis was losing that fight handily until he lucked out. Ditto for Vitali, except the luck was exponentially more extraordinary and left no room to argue that Lewis was actually better. Morrison? Mercer (arguably a loss as well, I scored it for Ray)? Briggs? Grant? Tua? Rahman (1-1)? None of those fighters are as good or accomplished as Haye.

I submit that Haye is the best scalp, by far, on either man's CV.

Comment

Does Lewis have a better win than Haye? Neither Tyson or Holyfield were better than Haye at the time Lewis fought them. In fact, both were done (especially Tyson) by the time Lewis fought them. Ruddock? He never did anything with his career, he's best known for his losses. Frank Bruno? Lewis was losing that fight handily until he lucked out. Ditto for Vitali, except the luck was exponentially more extraordinary and left no room to argue that Lewis was actually better. Morrison? Mercer (arguably a loss as well, I scored it for Ray)? Briggs? Grant? Tua? Rahman (1-1)? None of those fighters are as good or accomplished as Haye.

I submit that Haye is the best scalp, by far, on either man's CV.
                Good question,,, but if you take things in the context of when they happened,,,

Holyfield was the undisputed champ

Briggs was lineal

Golata was prime

Ruddock was proclaimed by HBO to be the uncrowned champ when tyson went to jail

Grant was hugely hyped

Tua was hugely hyped

Plus he stopped a prime vitali

lewis had much better wins,, Haye wouldnt beat tua, ruddock, etc... i think he could ko golata,, maybe beat grant n briggs,, he would def get beat up by mercer, and probably bruno, morrison, and even Zultan would have been tough

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Good question,,, but if you take things in the context of when they happened,,,

Holyfield was the undisputed champ

Briggs was lineal

Golata was prime

Ruddock was proclaimed by HBO to be the uncrowned champ when tyson went to jail

Grant was hugely hyped

Tua was hugely hyped

Plus he stopped a prime vitali

lewis had much better wins,, Haye wouldnt beat tua, ruddock, etc... i think he could ko golata,, maybe beat grant n briggs,, he would def get beat up by mercer, and probably bruno, morrison, and even Zultan would have been tough
                  Vitali wasn't in his prime yet.

Comment

Grant was a huge win

He came with a high KO ratio, great reach, height, reminds me of Wilder.

He'd have posed problems for any boxer back then.

Lewis made mince meat out of him

Comment

Working...
                    X