Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were Pac's options? Lets take a look...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were Pac's options? Lets take a look...

JMM - A trilogy between the 2 fighters would have probably been the most fan desirable fight since it was JMM who gave Pac the biggest problems. The downside to this fight is the weight disparity. Pac is now a comfortable WW and JMM is a LW. Floyd received much criticism for making JMM come up in weight, and Pac will receive the same criticism if the fight is held anywhere north of 140. This is a lose lose situation for Pac.

Martinez - Anyone other than a Pac hater knows for a fact that Martinez is way to fkn big for Pac. Pac beat a big fighter in Margarito, but lets not get rediculous now. Martinez is a full blown MW and will come in on fight night around 170. That is unless there is a catchweight involved, and that will only draw more criticism by people who will say that Pac drained Martinez.

Shane - Now although Shane is obviously past his prime, he always has a punchers chance. He's strong and still has speed. His problem now is stamina. As for the weight, this probably has to be the only opponent for Pac that will be on an even playing field. Neither fighter will have to lose or gain much weight. This is a fight that Pac will receive very little credit for unless he utterly beats Shane down in brutal fashion and/or KO's him in a devestating fashion ala Hatton.

Floyd - Forget about it. He's vacationing, beating on his baby's mama, poking security guards in the face, driving his enemies off the road, etc... Now this is the most anticipated fight that can be made in the sport, but unfortunately Floyd has his mind on other things besides fighting Pac.

Bradley/Alexander winner
    - Both have a fight coming up next month and to be honest, many feel both are a bit green for Pac. At least for now. Let both fighters get a few more top notch wins under their belts before even attempting to step in the ring with Pac.

Moral of this thread?......People are going to have a problem with ANYONE Pac takes on in his next fight. There will be excuses for a win against any of the fighters mentioned above. Yes even Floyd! Critics will say that Floyd's head wasnt in it given all his legal problems. So lets just sit back and make the best of what is to come.

Berto - Now this would be my favorite fight for Pac aside from Floyd. Now I know there were still be some critics and haters who will say that Berto was nothing special and how he has never beat anyone. All in all, I feel he would have been the best choice for a May showdown.
    Last edited by Deevel916; 12-22-2010, 12:02 AM.

I see everyone criticizing Pac for choosing Mosley, and I for one am not happy about it, but the truth is, there would have been an issue with any one Pac would have chosen. Prove me wrong!

Comment

Berto wasn't on ur list

Comment

berto wouldve been a unification bout..easy choice..or jmm 3rd match to end all wouldve sold great..

Comment

Common man, Shane is the weakest threat of the fighters you listed.

Comment

Lol at the Martinez excuse. Margarito is bigger then Martinez.

Comment

140 division .. bradley, maidana, jmm? seems more exiting than mosley.. only real match is mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                Common man, Shane is the weakest threat of the fighters you listed.
                Exactly....and he know it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
                  Lol at the Martinez excuse. Margarito is bigger then Martinez.
                  this comment is terrible.

Comment

Berto was the best available choice. I've been supporting Pacquiao, but not this time. Mosley hasn't won a fight in a long time now.

Comment

Working...
                    X