No announcement yet.

There’s only oneeee Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s only oneeee Ricky Hatton

Man, i miss those days! We (British) need another personable fighter to fall in love with. The rollercoaster ride with Ricky was great fun, real patriotic all for one and one for all mentality. Yes in the end he wasn’t that good, but we didn’t care, it was Ricky Hatton, we were his army and we loved it.

Sadly, no one has filled his boots since.

My money is on Carl Frampton to do so, but not for a good while yet. So who else is there? Sigh...

There only oneee...................?

Good to see a real fan of Rick speak up. As annoying as you guys were, you were good for the sport.

Comment

Good times indeed!

Comment

yeah man, those were the days! i think its khan next that will be flying the flag. but thats not quite the same is it!

Comment

What personable ? Before his last fight, The guy was obnoxiously telling his fans to re-mortgage their homes and bet all the money on him.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            yeah man, those were the days! i think its khan next that will be flying the flag. but thats not quite the same is it!
            Khan won't be "personable" because Khan isn't "white British."

Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty07 View Post
              Khan won't be "personable" because Khan isn't "white British."

Sad but true.
              i dont care if he is pink white brown or an alien from space! its not to do with him not being white, id bet its to do with him not being 100% british like hatton is. thats why i say its not the same!

Comment

he really was the peoples champion here in the UK.

He was a very good fighter, not on the level of the elites like mayweather,pac,rjj,lennox,pernell etc but his only two losses came to perhaps the best two fighters in the last 20 years.

Theres only oneeeeeee

Comment

England has always fostered domestic fanfav's so you shouldn't worry. Maybe DeGale is next?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    England has always fostered domestic fanfav's so you shouldn't worry. Maybe DeGale is next?
                    hmm im not sure, degale clearly has the potential to make it on the world stage but i think hes just too cocky without much evidence of good wins to back it up for the public to take to him.

George groves if hes gets a bit more pro active on the media front and develops more of a personality could become a fan favourite.

Frankie Gavin will be popular aswell.

Comment

Working...
                    X