No announcement yet.

Why So Much Hate for Jermain Taylor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Much Hate for Jermain Taylor?

I really don't understand why people are up in arms over Taylor looking to fight Spinks now that the Mora fight appears to have fallen apart. Personally, I don't like to see a champion in any division consistently fighting guys at lower weight classes and that is what Taylor has done 90% of his career. But the thing is at middleweight there really aren't any proven fighters. The only guys who are considered threats to him are Pavlik and Miranda, but they've already signed to fight each other and the winner will get his shot against Taylor. Neither Pavlik or Miranda are proven fighters, especially Pavlik. Fighting either one of them is really no better than fighting Sergio Mora anyway. Besides, Jermain already beat Hopkins twice and he's considered one of the best middleweights of all time. Taylor has proven he can beat a top middleweight already.

Why does Taylor gets so much **** when Bernard Hopkins' best wins were against smaller fighters? He will always be known for his wins over Trinidad and DLH. DLH didn't even belong at middleweight. The rest of Hopkins' competition was solid to good, but he never did fight a great, natural middleweight but that seems to be good enough to be considered an ATG.

It just makes no sense to **** on the Spinks fight when it is clearly an upgrade from the Mora fight. If the Spinks fight happens, Taylor's last 4 opponents would be Hopkins (who was considered #1 P4P), Winky Wright (top 3 P4P), Kassim Ouma (one of the top jr. middles), and now Spinks (former RING champion at 147 and currently considered the man at 154). That is a pretty damn impressive string of fights. When was the last time any fighter fought this many good opponents in succession? Give Taylor some respect for taking on 4 top fighters in a row...

yeh i agree he deserves alot of respect,he beat hopkins for ****s sake..also spinks is a good fighter,he beat zab judah the first time round...spinks would piss all over mora aswell

Comment

i personally love the guy hes a good fighter and a great person seems like a really down to earth type a guy.....no hate here

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post

It just makes no sense to **** on the Spinks fight when it is clearly an upgrade from the Mora fight. If the Spinks fight happens, Taylor's last 4 opponents would be Hopkins (who was considered #1 P4P), Winky Wright (top 3 P4P), Kassim Ouma (one of the top jr. middles), and now Spinks (former RING champion at 147 and currently considered the man at 154). That is a pretty damn impressive string of fights. When was the last time any fighter fought this many good opponents in succession? Give Taylor some respect for taking on 4 top fighters in a row...
        i love the idea of taylor fighting spinks

love love love love love it

i hate corey spinks and his trainer kevin cunnigham

i look forward to KC berating Spinks in between rounds about how bad hes getting his ass whooped.

quite obviously this is an upgrade over mora, a fairly significant one i would say.... the thing is that spinks isnt even a real 154 pounder.... he has two fights at that weight.. and he only moved to 154 cause he was about the 8th or 9th best guy at 147.... spinks belongs at 147 moreso than 160, the the physical disadvantage here is monumental. every punch taylor lands will be equal to 8 corey spinks love taps.... karmazin had spinks on the verge of being knocked out, taylor will take him out easily by the 9th round.

i hope that corety spinks takes this fight and gets some good dancing in on his way to the ring cause that is where the fun will end... and hopefully his career.

i got love for jermain taylor, the best is yet to come from him and i am more than willing to be patient... when he faces the miranda/ pavlik winner he will be able to put the criticism to rest, in the meantime this is as good a fight as any

Comment

Nah he's a decent fighter with an uncomitted jab. He's lazy on defense and his shoulder just hangs down to his knees. I see no real defensive skill in him at all. He is supposed to have tremendous power but he couldn't take Ouma down once. And he was throwing bombs. Other than that he is truely a nice guy and very humble. And part of my discontent for Taylor is the fact that the only time Lampley takes his **** out of his mouth is when he's beating up his girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
            Nah he's a decent fighter with an uncomitted jab. He's lazy on defense and his shoulder just hangs down to his knees. I see no real defensive skill in him at all.

time Lampley takes his **** out of his mouth is when he's beating up his girlfriend.

and despite the things you pointed out he has beaten hopkins twice, which should tell you that his raw talent is unparalleled

as for lampley i dont blame him for loving taylor, its in his best interest for jermain to be successful....

seriouslky have you ever watched a fight between a brit and a foreigner with the british commentary.... they hiug the homeboys nuts so tight they damn near fall off, i mean listen to the commentary of julian jackson knocking out herol graham.. the announcer sounds like he just saw his mother hit by a bus... lampleys jocking of taylor is mild in comparison

Comment

First, Miranda vs Pavlik has not been signed so Taylor could fight either. However, I am fine with him fighting Spinks and let Miranda take care of business against Pavlik, as long as Taylor fight him next.

The reason Taylor has no love is because he hasnt been the exciting KO powerhouse people were hopiong for. He won 3 questionable decision against top guys, but nothing to get excited about. He than faced Ouma to get that get back the power respect, but it failed mieserably.

People want a guy who is a champ to win big. Taylor has not been impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                and despite the things you pointed out he has beaten hopkins twice, which should tell you that his raw talent is unparalleled

as for lampley i dont blame him for loving taylor, its in his best interest for jermain to be successful....

seriouslky have you ever watched a fight between a brit and a foreigner with the british commentary.... they hiug the homeboys nuts so tight they damn near fall off, i mean listen to the commentary of julian jackson knocking out herol graham.. the announcer sounds like he just saw his mother hit by a bus... lampleys jocking of taylor is mild in comparison
                I mean there's nothing outstanding about him both Hopkins fights were disputable. I thought he lost one of the fights can't remember which one. And I thought he lost the Winky fight, no biased at all I just thought that Wink won. And the key is RAW TALENT it has yet to develop there has been no improvement in his last three fights. He faded at the end in both Hopkins fights.

Comment

If Taylor thinks that Spinks will be an easy opponent he should think again. Taylor had a serious problem hitting Hopkins, but Hopkins doesn't have Spinks's footwork nor his skills as a pure boxer. Spinks might be a featherfist, but he can still hit you while being hard to hit, and the judges have to score it. If Taylor brings anything less than his A-game, he could be facing an very embarrassing loss on points.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    If Taylor thinks that Spinks will be an easy opponent he should think again. Taylor had a serious problem hitting Hopkins, but Hopkins doesn't have Spinks's footwork nor his skills as a pure boxer. Spinks might be a featherfist, but he can still hit you while being hard to hit, and the judges have to score it. If Taylor brings anything less than his A-game, he could be facing an very embarrassing loss on points.
                    wel taylor should know ahead of time that spinks will look to box box box the first 6 or 7 rounds and then run run run if he thinks he is winning at that point

Comment

Working...
                    X