Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto is Busting Up Sparring Partners, Fierce For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this means nothing. his skill level is going to be way beyond his sparring partners. whether he drops them or not has no bearing on the fight and really is no bearing on the quality of his training.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Bro, i'm only going to reply to me so I can see that quoted number go away...you live and die for puerto rican fighters. You having anything of objection to Cotto would be ground breaking. If you honestly think Cotto walks around in the mid 160's I have several ny bridges to sell you. You want to talk about dumb how about not being a fanb*tch just once in your life...weren't you also one of the pendejos around here talking about Cotto losing 16 ounces for Pacqaio and whining about it but seem perfectly fine with the 160lb champion not wanting to actually fight anyone at that weight.
      Oh please. I have stated before that I was ok with the martinez catchweight because the most he ever weight was 159.5 lbs and 159 lbs a couple of times. The Geale catchweight I didn't like, just like I didn't like the Pac-Cotto catchweight. Like the catchweight with the Canelo fight. I'm ok with that because Canelo has stated that he's comfortable at 154 lbs and he has never weight above 155 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Either that, or they perform uneventful ala Mayweather when he was knocking people out preparing for Maidana and Pacquiao. (Just making a point, not starting the whole Mayweather argument)
        Exactly. whenever Floyd is "destroying sparring partners in the doghouse" I expect a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          Oh please. I have stated before that I was ok with the martinez catchweight because the most he ever weight was 159.5 lbs and 159 lbs a couple of times. The Geale catchweight I didn't like, just like I didn't like the Pac-Cotto catchweight. Like the catchweight with the Canelo fight. I'm ok with that because Canelo has stated that he's comfortable at 154 lbs and he has never weight above 155 lbs.
          Not even going to touch the subject of Martinez...that's a can of worm that'll turn into a war of words and they won't be flattering to Cotto so out of respect for his contributions to the sport i'm going to back off that one so you and I don't turn this place into a war zone.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Bro, i'm only going to reply to me so I can see that quoted number go away...you live and die for puerto rican fighters. You having anything of objection to Cotto would be ground breaking. If you honestly think Cotto walks around in the mid 160's I have several ny bridges to sell you. You want to talk about dumb how about not being a fanb*tch just once in your life...weren't you also one of the pendejos around here talking about Cotto losing 16 ounces for Pacqaio and whining about it but seem perfectly fine with the 160lb champion not wanting to actually fight anyone at that weight.
            I dont really get what you mean by the weight ?

I am guessing that Cotto will weigh about that on fight-night.

160'ish.

And Canelo will be 10lbs heavier at 170'ish.

Its no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              the guys that are always "busting/beating up sparring partners" almost always lose.
              This is true...lol

Comment

Goddamn it!!! This fight needs to hurry up and get here!!!!!!!!!

With that said, this fight is for Cotto's middleweight belts?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  But you dont get pick and choose which catchweights you accept, and which catchweights are unacceptable.

If you accept catchweights, then you accept catchweights.

The fact is, catchweights are unnecessary.

I'm sure everyone can see they are being abused.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I dont really get what you mean by the weight ?

I am guessing that Cotto will weigh about that on fight-night.

160'ish.

And Canelo will be 10lbs heavier at 170'ish.

Its no big deal.
                    My issue is with the 20 pound difference talk, I don't like this painting of him like he's david and his opponents are goliaths of some sort. I really wish it was mandatory from the networks that every boxer steps on the scale on the day of the fight, that whole question mark next to your fight weight is stupid considering you are paying someone millions of dollars stepping on a scale for 60 seconds is not much to ask. That would dead all this talk about his size and that of the opponent. We know what his opponents weigh.

Comment

Originally posted by PRp4p757 View Post
                      Have been watching cotto's workouts on the periscope app. He is in really good shape by the looks of things and should leave him plenty of time to train with Freddie for strategy. Can't wait for this fight!
                      every body knows you peak out and get better in late 30's all it takes is flinstone vitamins or maybe a glass of vitamin water from froid

Comment

Working...
                      X