Collapse
No announcement yet.

Match up idea for Canelo's Sept PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is a better chance that Canelo fights Quintana instead of Kirkland.

Comment

JCC isn't a bigger draw to Mexicans or Americans lol.

Right now Kirkland/Canelo is probably the more favorable and fan-friendly match up, (and im almost positive Lara or Vanes will be on the undercard, or both). However, I think theres a really good chance Canelo faces Quintana next.

After JCC disposes of Andy Lee and Canelo fights again in September, I think they should start pushing for a match up between the two before any talks of a Cotto, Pacquiao or Mayweather.

Comment

Canelo/Quintana as a PPV dont make any sense.

I want Kirkland or Cotto/Canelo thats a PPV ill buy

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I'm not sure I believe this but 60-40 for Chavez Jr or Canelo? Cause if its for Jr I wouldn't take it either. Canelo is a bigger draw even tho Jr has the name. Jr gets boo'ed by Mexicans.
          JCC JR is the El Dinero de Vaca.

Canela is the Old Hombre de Stupido.

Comment

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
            Canelo/Quintana as a PPV dont make any sense.
            It makes somewhat sense. Quintana just won by KO in what could be the highest selling PPV of the year.

You have Canelo being one of the most popular if not the most popular fighter coming out of Mexico on Mexican Independence Day weekend.

And, they can always promoted as Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry -that has been going on for decades- continues on Mexican Independence Day weekend.

It actually does make sense and they could possibly sell a solid amount of PPV's. Especially if they have a solid undercard.

Comment

Id prefer Lara vs Angulo in the undercard

Comment

i would think cotto/alvarez would be the first option. that would be the biggest fight.

Comment

Canelo still has no business headlining a ppv event, at all.

Comment

It better not be Alvarez-Quintana. While that wouldn't be a terrible fight, given Quintana winning a decent fight on the biggest PPV fight of the year, it's not even close to PPV Main Event worthy.

They should do something like this......

Alvarez-Kirkland
                    Molina-Williams
                    Lara-Vanes
                    Quintana-Dzinziruk

That'd be great. It won't happen like that, probably not even close. But that'd be my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                      JCC JR is the El Dinero de Vaca.

Canela is the Old Hombre de Stupido.
                      Canleo will mop the floor with Jr anyday

Comment

Working...
                      X