Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White has to stop paying **** his fighters.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White has to stop paying **** his fighters.

Why does this dude pay his fighters so little? The main event guys (some) make enough not to have a day job but most UFC fighters have another job, which makes it more difficult to concentrate solely in MMA. For example (most recent), Roy Nelson made only $15K in the co main event while Frank Mir made $250,000. Come on. I know it's the whole contract thing but then he should stop signing these fighters with such low amount of money or change the whole damn policy and pay what these fighters deserve.

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Why does this dude pay his fighters so little? The main event guys (some) make enough not to have a day job but most UFC fighters have another job, which makes it more difficult to concentrate solely in MMA. For example (most recent), Roy Nelson made only $15K in the co main event while Frank Mir made $250,000. Come on. I know it's the whole contract thing but then he should stop signing these fighters with such low amount of money or change the whole damn policy and pay what these fighters deserve.
    IMO Dana White starving fighters is going to cause the UFC to implode. Even unpopular boxers make more than the top level UFC guys. Dana White needs stop having a ppv every 2 weeks and only put the best fights on ppv also.

Comment

I wonder if anyone will even stomp that ***** ala Tyson-Don King affair

Comment

Who controls the pay check??
        Dana White or Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta

Comment

The top draws get paid more than the rest. It's no different than boxing. Boxing just has more money in it right now than MMA.

At least every fighter in MMA or at least UFC has a chance to win a bonuses for a good performance

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
            The top draws get paid more than the rest. It's no different than boxing. Boxing just has more money in it right now than MMA.

At least every fighter in MMA or at least UFC has a chance to win a bonuses for a good performance

A bonus of 20-50k that ain't really **** for guys who are putting their futures on the line every fight. A couple grand is gone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              A bonus of 20-50k that ain't really **** for guys who are putting their futures on the line every fight. A couple grand is gone like that.

Bonuses are up to $75K now. Not everyone spends their money like these phaggy time boxers who waste their money on useless **** and go bankrupt.

Comment

They get paid enough. They just don't ask for fights enough. It's obvious Dana is gonna give fighters what they want. He wishes they would come to him and say "I wanna fight so and so." He even begs for it during TUF.

But fighters just don't do that. They don't call up Dana and request fights, they want to sit on the back burner and go "i'll fight whoever they want me to fight." which makes them an after thought. Where as GSP, BJ Penn, Kenny Florian, Machida etc etc. They have all made it clear they wanted title fights, they wanted to fight and guess what? Didn't they all get their title fights?

Also, TUF fighters are sheltered under the UFC banner. They don't have side jobs, they are like the Franchise players in the UFC. TUF is supposed to be "the future" so they get treated good. Otherwise how is Amir Saddollah making a living, that guy hardly ever fights.

Comment

it's cool yo, gotta keep em hungry

Comment

the fighters are more excited to be on it as its so big right now, Roy Nelson deserved less than 15K he sucks

Comment

Working...
                    X