Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Thurman's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be Keith "Sometime - If you're not world class" Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      everyone time he has stepped up, the KO's completely dry up.

clearly overrated power.
      Exactly. Too many diehard Americans trying to back peddle when most of them were talking about him like he was a wrecking ball less than a year ago.

Thurman ain't a power puncher. Yes he probably hits hard enough but then again so does Brook and we don't talk about him like a KO artist.

Some time Thurman.

Comment

Very few fighters consistently stop fighters at the world class level. Thurman clearly hits hard. He's just not a dynamite puncher like Golovkin or Kovalev. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Keith may not be Randal Bailey, but all of Keith's shots hit with power. It's not always 1 punch KO type of power, but it's always taking a toll. I think that makes him a power puncher.

Comment

pretty stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Thurman obviously has KO power but he doesn't know how to set up a knockout. He's use to landing on big shot and boxers falling over at the lower level but now he needs to set the KO out with feints and touches.

He and David Lemule share this same problem. Both have tremendous power but everything they throw is a power shot. When you can see the punches coming it's easier to brace yourself for impact or slip the sky altogether.
              Thurman needs to be careful not to fall in the same trap that Donaire fell in. He was falling in love with the left hook last night at the expense of his jab and right hand. He was telegraphing and that's partially why Porter was effectively absorbing the punishment. Also, when you're throwing so many 'fast-ball' shots, it taxes your gas tank and your punches stop becoming effective.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 06-26-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I think the Karrass win went to Keith's head...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  people defending bundu and they crucify GGG for fighting monroe or wade or ishida but he is awkward doe.... a 40 years old featherfisted man who never fought outside europe till that fight.... awkward
                  hahahaha IKR

Dr Rumack and that other fool, I think it was boliopig, like I asked, name me one world class opponent that Thurman has stopped?
                  boliodogs

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    I think the Karrass win went to Keith's head...
                    I think it went to the head of all these idiots on this forum.

All I kept hearing pre-Bundu was Thurman was a killer puncher in the division now everyones back tracking and saying he "hits hard enough"...no he doesn't. After the 3rd round, Thurman couldn't even stop Porter in his tracks and Porter was just shaking those punches off like it didn't mean anything.

Thurman has average power and average skill but a decent chin.

Comment

Porter is not a natural welterweight. Shawn had to cut down from the 165 lb Super middleweight division in the amateurs, just so he can compete at the welterweight division in the professional ranks.

Therefore, he is naturally wider, heavier and stronger than most welters; That includes Keith Thurman as well, who are true welterweights by nature.

Any natural lighter man would have been figuratively decapitated by the punches that One-time Keith Thurman landed on Showtime Shawn Porter and that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X