No announcement yet.

Hearn: Joshua vs. Klitschko agreed for Dec 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Hearn is without question a player in the boxing business world wide, not just in the UK, but lets not act like he doesn't have a history of talking about things like they are a done deal only for fans to find out a couple days later that it isn't the case. Thats all I'm saying. There is a boy that cried wolf angle to things Hearn proclaims as fact.
    That what promoters do most of the time: hype possible fights... They don't lie, they try to create hype and see what they actually can really do next... There's only one big "promoter" to date who doesn't speak in public at all...

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      What's your take on fight m8 ?
      Your the wise one on this site and you always post with good knowledge. Who you picking in this fight ? :-)
      (I'm not that wise -- I'm only older than the most of you here)...

I think that Hearn sensed the huge lucrative potential of this matchup. He would have liked to place this fight at the Wembley stadium, I guess. But he's making it now and he hopes that he will deliver a rematch sometime in June, at the Wembley of course... If my guess is right, it doesn't matter who wins this one here, but "how" he wins in order for the "rematch" to get a huge hype...
      What do you think about that?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        That what promoters do most of the time: hype possible fights... They don't lie, they try to create hype and see what they actually can really do next...
        I would suggest Hearn isn't doing that the right way & why he takes criticism for such behavior.

Its all neither here nor there doe. I'm rooting on this fight being made cuz its one of the more interesting fights to be made right now, but if its not I won't be surprised cuz Hearn's conversion rate on fights that are "made" are lower than any other major promoter. Is what it is.

Comment

After I started this thread I noticed that BS also has the news...
          Yea but like the poster below said, it's almost all the same. We've been hearing the same stuff for weeks now. So, I think we're just gonna have to sit and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I would suggest Hearn isn't doing that the right way & why he takes criticism for such behavior.

Its all neither here nor there doe. I'm rooting on this fight being made cuz its one of the more interesting fights to be made right now, but if its not I won't be surprised cuz Hearn's conversion rate on fights that are "made" are lower than any other major promoter. Is what it is.
            Yes. He wasn't able to make Brook vs Khan, for instance... But, anyway, his stable isn't that big and/or "great" (so to speak)...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              Yea but like the poster below said, it's almost all the same. We've been hearing the same stuff for weeks now. So, I think we're just gonna have to sit and wait.
              From what Hearn was quoted as saying, at least it doesn't seem there exist any money issues -- which is a step forward, I guess.

Comment

As long as Wlad actually throws a punch back this one could be very very tasty.

Imagine it gets made.

Wlad-AJ, Ward-Kov, Loma-Walters, Lebedev-Gassiev, Pac-Vargas all in a space of a few weeks.

Some ****ing quality fights to look forward to there.

Comment

(I'm not that wise -- I'm only older than the most of you here)...

I think that Hearn sensed the huge lucrative potential of this matchup. He would have liked to place this fight at the Wembley stadium, I guess. But he's making it now and he hopes that he will deliver a rematch sometime in June, at the Wembley of course... If my guess is right, it doesn't matter who wins this one here, but "how" he wins in order for the "rematch" to get a huge hype...
                  What do you think about that?
                  Not going to happen.....at ALL....If Wlad loses he is not getting a rematch with Joshua, his time is short and will stalk Fury to settle that ( its an easier fight )so he wont persue Joshua again,not at least right away.

If Joshua wins he moves on ,and takes on whoever...PARKER? Wlad is not going to risk losing twice in row( too the same guy) and make it 3 in row overall and end his career.

If Wlad wins he is going to get all the belts back ...he don't have time for rematches now.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-16-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

From what Hearn was quoted as saying, at least it doesn't seem there exist any money issues -- which is a step forward, I guess.
                    To me, the main concern has never been the money but the networks. They both fight on different networks.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      To me, the main concern has never been the money but the networks. They both fight on different networks.
                      You mean Sky Sports and HBO Sports? Didn't they do well together with the GGG vs Brook fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X