Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto: Who is the real "A" side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto: Who is the real "A" side?

Some key components to follow.

Relevant PPV/revenue landscape - Miguel Cotto

Cotto vs Martinez - 315,000
    Cotto vs Mayweather - 1,500,000
    Cotto vs Pacquiao - 1,250,000
    Cotto vs Margarito II - 600,000

Relevant PPV landscape - Saul Canelo Alvarez

Canelo vs Angulo - 350,000
    Canelo vs Mayweather - 2,200,000
    Canelo vs Lara - 300,000
    Canelo vs Mosley - Part of the Mayweather vs Cotto co-feature.
    Canelo vs Kirkland - Free; most viewed cable bout since 2006 with a 2.3 mil peak.

I'm too lazy to record the live gate for some of their most recent bouts so maybe someone else could record those. I know that they sold some real cheap tickets for Canelo's fights against Trout and Lara, but the turnout was pretty good for very large venues. As far as complete sell-outs, I'm not sure.

I'm also aware that there was a poor turnout for Cotto's fights against Martinez and Trout.

Perhaps someone could find out which fighter has had more consecutive sell outs?
    Canelo is the A side
    41.79%
    Cotto is the A side
    36.57%
    Just about even
    21.64%
    Last edited by In Motion; 05-13-2015, 11:24 PM.

Easily Canelo, but the catch is Canelo wants to use Cotto and he showed cotto his hand and cotto gonna exploit that. So basically is who will fold first or get bluffed.

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
      Easily Canelo, but the catch is Canelo wants to use Cotto and he showed cotto his hand and cotto gonna exploit that. So basically is who will fold first or get bluffed.
      Cotto IS the lineal MW champion of the world though. That's pretty big if they fight at 160.

Comment

The ones begging for the fight are usually the B side

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          The ones begging for the fight are usually the B side
          Hmm, I don't really see either as begging for the fight. However, I do see more people tending to favor Canelo simply because they don't like Cotto by default. Or they think that Cotto is "ducking" him. Cotto clearly doesn't have a care in the world, and Canelo does have "some" other options, but he's probably the one that wants it more than Cotto does.

Comment

They are even in terms of drawing power. The fight will be called Cotto-Canelo and Cotto will walk out 2nd cause he has the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              They are even in terms of drawing power. The fight will be called Cotto-Canelo and Cotto will walk out 2nd cause he has the belt.
              Neutral venue? I think the MGM Grand is perfect for this.
              Last edited by In Motion; 05-14-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I think Canelo is the bigger draw now. I hope Canelo doesn't let Cotto have it his way during negotiations, try to make the fight in the West coast not the East.

I just hope they both don't act like big divas.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
                  Cotto IS the lineal MW champion of the world though. That's pretty big if they fight at 160.
                  True but everyone looks at GGG as the real champ and everyone would rather watch (cottos only real big fight options) fight GGG Rather then cotto (i.e. Mayweather,Canelo), hell they rather see cotto fight GGG then either mayweather or canelo also.

Only reason cotto has option is cause everyone (canelo,mayweather) fixated on the Dates, if both mayweather and canelo says fuck the dates and fight on any date, cotto automatically bumps down into b-side with no power moves to make. So cotto not really A-side just has some leverage theirs a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
                    Neutral venue? I think the MGM Grand is perfect for this. However, Cotto is with Top Rank and Arum and MGM are on VERY bad terms.
                    Cotto is not with Top Rank. He is currently working with Roc Nation.

Comment

Working...
                    X