No announcement yet.

Good News!! Jacobs before Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
    Lee was only given any significance in the sport due to his teaming up w/Steward if not for that he'd been a domestic level fighter which is basically what he is.
    Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Been saying this for so long but Andy Lee is simply terrible.
    Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Lee, fighting at 154, struggled (and arguably lost) against journeyman Frank Horta (34-12-5).
    Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Close fight. Most I spoke to thought Lee lost and that includes a group of drunk and elated irishmen.
    Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

That being said, the frenchman deserves credit. He put on a lot of pressure. Lee looked like a trainwreck afterwards.
    Eastcoast

Agreed, Andy Lee is garbage

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Saunders has stamina issues and makes fights a lot closer than they need to be. He was practically toying with Eubank Jr and Lee to start but as always he fades and lets fighters back into it.
      I feel he'd take a fighter like GGG or even a Jacobs far more seriously but that is speculation on my part.

Personally I think Saunders would outbox and probably stop the chinny Jacobs.
      Its not just his chins bad his defense is terrible, he loads up way too much its a recipe for disaster.
      Yeah, Saunders probably beats Jacobs imo but Jacobs has a puncher's chance v GGG whereas Saunders doesn't have that.

Comment

• In my book, Jacobs even though he has bad chin, is still the second best Middleweight and the better opponent for GGG. Jacobs is always in good, exciting fights and has very good power, knocked out everyone in the last couple years.

Saunders is usually in terrible fights. You have to rewatch Saunders vs Lee, it ranks as probably one of the worst fights in the last 10 years.

I hope both fights will happen until Mid 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          http://www.fighthype.com/news/article26155.html
          Loeffler says they're going to make the Jacobs fight 1st.
          This is what I wanted to hear, I'd rather see Jacobs-GGG rather than Saunders-GGG. Screw the belt, I want quality.
          What if Jacobs *****es out?

Comment

• I also have to say i was never impressed by Andy Lee as a fighter, if he wasnt with Manny Steward, nobody would have praised him back then.

He already got knocked out by Brian Vera and Chavez Jr which are no Top P4P fighters and the fight against Saunders was just atrocious. I still like Andy Lee, he is just a very passionate and likeable guy and you just want to root for him.

Comment

• Lee knew he lost to Horta, just compare the end of fight celebrations

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Eastcoast

Agreed, Andy Lee is garbage
                Get back on your meds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  Yeah and within the last 2 years, Andy Lee also has a MD over some guy named Frank Haroche Horta, who was 34-12-5. How do you explain that?

You still fail to show who has the better resume?

Now all of a sudden we count draws and losses?

In the last 10 years of fighting, Andy Lee has one descent win which is against Matt Korobov who is solely known for his amateur pedigree.

Going off what you say, Jerrod Fletcher is just as good of a win for Jacobs as Korobov is for Lee.

Mora has a better resume and Jacobs beating Andy Lee at this point in Jacobs career does jack schit for Jacobs. Nothing more than a victory over Mora would do
                  Don't be a dumb ass. Mora lost back to back fights to Vera, right after Lee cruised by Vera. Outside that 'Contender' series from 15 years ago, Mora has no decent wins at MW outside of a faded Proksa.

You want to make fun of Lee/Horta, but then after Lee had close fights with Quillin & Saunders, in your short book that makes Quillin & Saunders about equal to Horta? GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Don't be a dumb ass. Mora lost back to back fights to Vera, right after Lee cruised by Vera. Outside that 'Contender' series from 15 years ago, Mora has no decent wins at MW outside of a faded Proksa.

You want to make fun of Lee/Horta, but then after Lee had close fights with Quillin & Saunders, in your short book that makes Quillin & Saunders about equal to Horta? GTFO.
                    Lee was knocked down 4 times combined against Quillin and Saunders with not one win against either one.

Somehow that equates to an addition on Lee's resume in your book.

Lee got his ass kicked by some guy named Horta.

The fact that Lee got KO'd by Brian Vera speaks measures.

But please explain how Lee has a better resume than Sergio Mora?

Please don't bring up losses and draws for Lee. We're talking about wins here.

What wins does Lee have that trumps Mora's? Not what losses and draws he has.
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-17-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Get back on your meds.
                      I have to get back on my meds because I posted a video of your God getting his ass handed to him by some guy that was 34-12?

Comment

Working...
                      X