No announcement yet.

The TRUTH behind Mayweather insisting Maidana use specific Gloves:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Go box than try to cut weight to a weight that makes you weak than fight someone and than tell me about it

No sympathy for dudes who weigh in at 152 then come back the next day 2 weight classes heavier. They deserve all the suffering they get Straving and weakening themselves for using weight as an advantage in a sport that uses wight classes.
    Last edited by GorgeousJorge; 05-26-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Last edited by mathed; 05-26-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
        People who know boxing know that Floyd went into the fight with Chino with a plan to make it exciting. Floyd is so far and above Maidana's level that if Floyd fought to the best of his ability it would have been the same as his other fights. The truth is, Floyd planned on letting Maidana land a few glancing blows here and there and so he knew to insist on bigger gloves because he wanted to give us all quality entertainment and is TBE
        If you know boxing, you would understand Floyd's fear of getting KO'ed, those were some nice sparring gloves doe

Comment

People who know boxing know that Floyd went into the fight with Chino with a plan to make it exciting. Floyd is so far and above Maidana's level that if Floyd fought to the best of his ability it would have been the same as his other fights. The truth is, Floyd planned on letting Maidana land a few glancing blows here and there and so he knew to insist on bigger gloves because he wanted to give us all quality entertainment and is TBE

Comment

Well actually not a bad thread...

It comes down to who believes FMJ's claim that he purposely wanted to make the fight entertaining or the haters who claim pretty much everything about FMJ is chicken. I followed most of FMJ interviews and such and he did say that he was gonna go toe to toe and it was gonna be different than before.
            Max Kellerman and others also think it is a possibility that FMJ tried to entertain.

The thing is if FMJ didnt stress the fact clearly that the fight would have been different before the fight and only afterwards would have come with this. It would have sounded like a lame excuse, but in the way it played out, it could be that FMJ spoke the truth.

I also thought/considered the gloves issue had to do with precaution about his gameplan going into the fight.

To me its a 50/50!!! Everyone saying that FMJ is 100% lying probably was a hater a long time a go. its really a 50/50 situation.

Comment

No sympathy for dudes who weigh in at 152 then come back the next day 2 weight classes heavier. They deserve all the suffering they get Straving and weakening themselves for using weight as an advantage in a sport that uses wight classes.
              Well I guess we agree he was a walking Zombie at 152 that's my point

Comment

I do believe Floyd could have made it a much easier fight by just boxing instead of brawling. Khan and Alexander were both able to outbox Maidana fairly comfortably - Khan even outboxed and dropped the prime, best version of Maidana while Floyd faced the slightly shotworn version. Floyd could have easily kept it on the outside for a lot of the fight but he allowed himself to be backed up to the ropes in order to make it a more exciting fight. Either that or his mind was really elsewhere during the fight, maybe that drama outside the ring played a part? It was one of the 2 because Floyd has the skills to easily outbox Maidana if he chose to.

Comment

What I am wondering, is if Haymon made Lemieux wear the same pillow Grants against Guerrero? First time I seen Lemieux wear Grants, as he used to use Rival or Everlast.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Well I guess we agree he was a walking Zombie at 152 that's my point
                    There was no walking zombie. Just a young redhead who made weight and showed up the next day strong and healthy.

Comment

There was no walking zombie. Just a young redhead who made weight and showed up the next day strong and healthy.
                      Canelo complaining that making 152 was the hardest thing that he had to do during his preparation for the Floyd fight.

Then went on to fight his next 2 fights at 155!

Comment

Working...
                      X