Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    No hovering sucka hop in the thread...

Was his ability to adjust. In the first two rounds he fought Rees in the middle of the ring. He blocked, parried, and rolled most of the shots but a few landed during their various exchanges. However in the third round he ADJUSTED by doing something that seems pretty simple but took a high ring IQ and a calm head to do....he took one step back. Now Rees (who's handspeed was pretty damn good I must say) who was able to punch WITH Adrien and throw combinatons to land some of his own shots in the first two rounds, had to reach to land anything. Once he reached he got hit with hard counters. Once he got his with hard counters he could no longer throw combintions. Once he was no longer able to throw combinations he was broken down by Adrien's power and drowned. Watch from the 2nd to the start of the 3rd and you will see exactly what I mean. Masterful stuff.
    No disrespect to Reese, I think he showed heart but let's be real here, Broner wasn't fighting anyone who was a threat.

I don't know what to make of Broner to be honest. He has very good natural ability but he gets hit a lot and he's been hit by guys that can't really punch. At 140 it will be a completely different ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      No disrespect to Reese, I think he showed heart but let's be real here, Broner wasn't fighting anyone who was a threat.

I don't know what to make of Broner to be honest. He has very good natural ability but he gets hit a lot and he's been hit by guys that can't really punch. At 140 it will be a completely different ball game.
      He gets hit a lot in comparison to who? Floyd? Who else? I'll wait. I'm tired of hearing this. He gets hit rarely cleanly and he still shows great poise and focus.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        He gets hit a lot in comparison to who? Floyd? Who else? I'll wait. I'm tired of hearing this. He gets hit rarely cleanly and he still shows great poise and focus.
        He gets hit enough that you can't say he has particularly effective defense. Decent, that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He gets hit enough that you can't say he has particularly effective defense. Decent, that's about it.
          He has good defense. Who are u comparing him to? I ask once again. Because his d is better than 95% of the top guys out there including guys like Sergio and nonito donaire. So like who? Floyd? Vlad mebbe. B hop? Ward? Who else?

Comment

Goes to show if you have a decent engine and rush with combinations you can steal rounds against floyds style, reason why i use to favour pacquiao, paul williams, margarito over floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

That's false, and the few times he does get hit it isn't clean, he's rolling with the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                That's false, and the few times he does get hit it isn't clean, he's rolling with the punches.
                It seems ppl dont realize this. He get hit but rarely is it clean.

Comment

Exactly. Nailed it.

Comment

Who cares if he gets hit a lot? If he doesn't get hit then people would claim he has a weak chin or he is boring. Can boxing fans actually be pleased at all? Seems we whine a lot about every damn thing.

Comment

You cannot say he doesn't get hit, but there's a reason for that. I think Broner and his people have made a conscious decision to go for the KO in their fights. He likes to fight on the inside. Now I'm not saying he can't move and fight from the outside but we haven't seen that yet.

People make the comparisons to Floyd, I don't see it outside of the same Philly shell he uses. Floyd's feet were 1000 times better.

I just see Broner at 140 not being able to do what he is doing against smaller guys. Like I said, no disrespect to Reese but he was a midget for that weight. Broner against the big punchers at 140 is a completely different story.

Comment

Working...
                      X