Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Al Haymon the reason Why Don King can't get the best fighters to join him anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Al Haymon the reason Why Don King can't get the best fighters to join him anymore?

This guy seems to be everybody's manager and he gets his fighters the most money possible.The only thing about Al Haymon is that he doesn't put his fighters agains't each other.But the guy has an eye for talent and is willing to work with any promotor. I feel like this guy came along and has gotten all the fighters first before they go to Don King. His fighters like him as their manager. Unlike Don King who his fighters feel like they can't trust him. So do you guys agree that Al Haymon is stealing all the talent from Don King. And is the reason Don King is not Don King anymore.
    Yes, I agree
    33.33%
    No ,I don't agree
    66.67%

short answer now

DKP is a shell of a company and since Don's wife passing he really hasn't had the heart to do this anymore but still has a very lucrative archive business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      This guy seems to be everybody's manager and he gets his fighters the most money possible.The only thing about Al Haymon is that he doesn't put his fighters agains't each other.But the guy has an eye for talent and is willing to work with any promotor. I feel like this guy came along and has gotten all the fighters first before they go to Don King. His fighters like him as their manager. Unlike Don King who his fighters feel like they can't trust him. So do you guys agree that Al Haymon is stealing all the talent from Don King. And is the reason Don King is not Don King anymore.
      Or because he's as crooked as the letter S

Comment

Don King is a promoter, Al Haymon is a manager they have nothing to do with each other.

Comment

Don has slowly faded from the limelight of boxing promotion. He still promotes fighters, but as Eaner said, his company has shrunk vastly the past 10 or so years. If you asked Don, I'm sure he'd say HBO is the reason he's not more prolific.

Al Haymon didn't have anything to do with it, but certainly filled the void as a powerful interest that manages the careers of largely african-american fighters.

Comment

Don's focus has strayed away from boxing for quite some time now. Also, Al Haymon has been in the game for a hot minute too he not no pup.

But all in all, King's notoriety was eventually his own undoing. U keep f**kin over ur black amerikan fighters and someone gonna step in and take that kitchen from ya,

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Don has slowly faded from the limelight of boxing promotion. He still promotes fighters, but as Eaner said, his company has shrunk vastly the past 10 or so years. If you asked Don, I'm sure he'd say HBO is the reason he's not more prolific.

Al Haymon didn't have anything to do with it, but certainly filled the void as a powerful interest that manages the careers of largely african-american fighters.
              I agree 100% with what you said about him managing African American fighters and about Don King.

Comment

al haymon is a manager... don king is a promoter.... two different things.. and for the bold part; none of al haymon fighter are signed, or would signed to top rank

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                  al haymon is a manager... don king is a promoter.... two different things.. and for the bold part; none of al haymon fighter are signed, or would signed to top rank
                  Yeah I know Al Haymon and Bob Arum don't like each other. It all started with Mayweather leaving Top Rank.Yes I know the history Al Haymon works with alot of other Promotors.I know his fighters are not signed to Top Rank I never said they were. Read the thread I never said Al haymon was a promotor. I said he stealing all the talent from Don King and is the reason Don King has faded in this sport.

Comment

Yeah I know Al Haymon and Bob Arum don't like each other. It all started with Mayweather leaving Top Rank.Yes I know the history Al Haymon works with alot of other Promotors.I know his fighters are not signed to Top Rank I never said they were. Read the thread I never said Al haymon was a promotor. I said he stealing all the talent from Don King and is the reason Don King has faded in this sport.
                    i read your thread and made a reply to your comment that "he works with any promoter"... he doesnt......

Comment

Working...
                    X