Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Doubts Mayweather Would Rematch Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with Paulie lately? Seems like everything out of his mouth lately has been about Floyd.

Maybe he wants Ellerbe's job?

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      Silly for one Floyd fought Cotto at the full weight of 154! So Cotto had all the advantage he needed, Floyd's not a Middleweight to begin with! Then after Floyd won Cotto clearly said he did his BEST and gave it his all! All of a sudden people forgot that Floyd almost KO'ed Cotto in the 12th rd! and like the late Emmanuel Steward said right after the fight finished, If Floyd really wanted to and committed to his punches he could've knocked Cotto out! Mayweather holds a 154 belt but let's be real he's not even close to a MW and probably has no intention of ever fighting above 150 again! And Cotto fights for HBO now so it's all just fantasy talk either way! Cotto had his chance, he lost, period.
      For one Mayweather is taller then Cotto and physically just as big, plus Mayweather had already fought at the full weight of 154 before so there was no advantage nor was it anything new. Floyd never "almost KOed Cotto" he hurt Cotto which was in the 11th, and is pretty well excepted by many that it was more due to fatigue then Mayweather's power, as evidenced by Cotto shaking it off in a few seconds. Cotto was battered by plaster and took everything Pac had and still kept coming so I highly doubt one uppercut was even remotely close to ending the fight. Cotto is also not a real MW so what's your point? Mayweather would still be taller and just as big as Cotto. And to further prove you have little idea of what your talking about, Cotto is a free agent not tied to any promoter or network so he can jump ship and fight Mayweather on show time without Arums involvement.

Comment

Theres no need for a rematch.... Floyd has already proven all he needs to

I hope there isn't one either. Beating Cotto for a Lineal title at Middleweight is lame... hes a guy you've already beaten, and you're doing it to pretty up the record book for people who scim over it..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          I doubt it too..miguel has freddie now who i believe has a solid game plan to beat floyd long before the pac vs floyd talks, reason why an old hoya was somehow succesful and it is also another reason imo why floyd sr hates on freddie besides jealousy like a molested stepchild...
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floyd beat Cotto, period. Get over it!! If it's a rematch question then Floyd should give a rematch to Zab, Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana (again), Marquez and all the other guys that he beat.

Give it up. Floyd beat a prime Cotto at Cotto's desired weight and we all know Floyd is NOT even a WW so all these talks about a rematch because of Freddie Kruger is all horse-shyt!

Comment

i believe that floyd WOULD take this fight, miguel is not really quick at the weight and floyd will see this as an op to becoming the undisputed middleweight king..it moves away from the pacman fight which i believe is more of a risk although miguel has improved in recent fights under the joke.
            it would be a tough row though.

Comment

Not sure why Paulie Malignaggi all the sudden matters so much. The guy lost every time he tried to step up. He's been all over the media lately, talking about how Mayweather has slowed down - well no kidding, the guy is aging.

A rematch with Cotto makes no sense at all. Floyd won convincingly the first time. Yes the rematch could possibly go differently but in my opinion the book should be closed on those two as we saw them both close enough to their prime to make a judgment on the matchup.
              Last edited by ddeg10; 10-02-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Once again, Paulie dickrides a fighter that beat his ass.

Comment

I'm waiting for the day when boxing realizes that Paulie is irrelevant, but unfortunately, Showtime gave him an additional 15 or more minutes of fame...

Comment

I agreed with everything Paulie said!

Comment

Floyd looked like **** his last fight, cotto's new offense would give him problems

Comment

Working...
                      X