Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Dariusz Michalczewski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will never know. That was back before fighters from outside of a few countries were given a fair crack. You know, the "golden era".

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Looking at his record there, he has some pretty decent names on it. Only lost 2 fights, one after a comeback from a 2 year lay off i assume, and one SD.

A lot of average competition on his record too and never really left Germany, but as i say, there's a few decent names on it too that he beat.

I was a bit young to see him fight. Was he very good, or a bit of a Sven Ottke?
      There is a reason why Roy Jones refused to travel to Germany to fight Michalczewski. You should go on YouTube and look at some of his fights. In Michalczewski's fight against Richard Hall, the German referee stopped the fight as Hall was beating the hell out of Michalczewski and was on the verge of knocking him out. The only problem was that the referee stopped the fight and declared Hall the LOSER by TKO!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I never posted that much on esb. I have always preferred this place, even though I am pretty fed up with nsb. Its too repetitive and most people here does not use the forum to get wiser or a perspective that they havent thought of before. They use it to get an argument. Its really not that Interesting to me. I remember having a few excellent debates on the dm-Jones history on esb. There Was a couple of posters who knew a lot and could debate and be civil. That Was pretty good. You Might have been one of them. I mostly remember a guy called loudon. He Was pretty cool to disagree with.

I also Think that Jones would win. What I dont Think is that it would be as easy as most people think. Its a knee-jerk reaction for them to say so when its Jones we are dealing with. Hell most posters have never even seen DM fight so its hard to take it serious. What I always like to point out in these threads is that Jones Was never the man who beat the man and that he should not get a pass for not going to Germany based on him being robbed in Seoul.
        I know Loudon on ESB.

I used to go on there.

That guy is the best poster on there by far.

He's incredibly intelligent and articulate.

An absolute credit to the forum.

There's also some awful posters on there too.

Too many to name, but the worst one was a lunatic who went by the name:

"Bat The Man"

What a joker he was.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
          I know Loudon on ESB.

I used to go on there.

That guy is the best poster on there by far.

He's incredibly intelligent and articulate.

An absolute credit to the forum.

There's also some awful posters on there too.

Too many to name, but the worst one was a lunatic who went by the name:

"Bat The Man"

What a joker he was.

That guy Was the Best ever on esb hahaha.

Comment

Ha!

How's it going my friend?

I'm still on there, and thanks for the nice words.

I used to love debating with you, you argumentative ****. Ha!

When was the last time you went on?

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              Ha!

How's it going my friend?

I'm still on there, and thanks for the nice words.

I used to love debating with you, you argumentative ****. Ha!

When was the last time you went on?
              Doing good thanks mate. You?

Esb? Years ago. I never liked the layout and the posters here where mostly better. Same for the news section. The news Was written by alts of the owners and could never carry boxingscenes jockstrap.

Comment

Doing good thanks mate. You?

Esb? Years ago. I never liked the layout and the posters here where mostly better. Same for the news section. The news Was written by alts of the owners and could never carry boxingscenes jockstrap.
                I'm great, thanks.

Me and you had some great debates on ESB. We went back and forth for a long time, posting links etc. It was great. Good times.

I still go on there almost every day but I don't enjoy it half as much as I did a few years ago.

They've got a new layout now.

You'll have to pop back on for 5 mins, see what you think.

I'm starting to spend a lot more time on here now.

Great to talk to you again.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  There is a reason why Roy Jones refused to travel to Germany to fight Michalczewski. You should go on YouTube and look at some of his fights. In Michalczewski's fight against Richard Hall, the German referee stopped the fight as Hall was beating the hell out of Michalczewski and was on the verge of knocking him out. The only problem was that the referee stopped the fight and declared Hall the LOSER by TKO!
                  Good point.

Comment

Wtf happened to Ghana fighter....Monte cox....and their was a troll that was the GOAT

Can't remember his name...he was funny, knew boxing and was an ass holes ass hole

Comment

Working...
                    X