Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got into a fight 2 hours ago. How important is strength in a street fight? boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got into a fight 2 hours ago. How important is strength in a street fight? boxing?

How much does being strong matter in a physical confrontation with a stranger? I'm talking about overall strength aka general strength.

I ask this because I got into a fight at the market moments ago with a short Mexican dude. He got disrespectfully close to me as I was paying for my groceries

"BACK OFF!" I told him loudly.

"Shut the **** up and pay for your ****," he barked.

At that moment I said **** the groceries.

"Back up, you idiot."

As soon as I uttered the word idiot, he pushed my shoulder, displacing me and causing me to stagger.

I quickly regained my balance and retaliated with a stronger push.

Before I could bring my hands back he rushed me, catching me off balance. He grabbed me with overwhelming force and was manhandling me even though he is only about 5'7 and I'm 6'0 barefoot, 6'1 with shoes on.

Instantly I knew I was in trouble. For a little dude he was really strong and energetic.

I got scared.

I felt like I was drowning.

My arms and body got tired from all the grappling.

I felt like I was going to be choked unconscious so I started screaming for help.

"HELP!"

"HELP!"

A black guy in his thirties wearing black shoes, slacks, dress shirt, and tie heard me panicking and offered only advice to me and not help pulling the guy off me.

"Just whoop his ass, my man."

The guy got tired and loosened his grip on me, so I instantly bucked out of his grasp and assumed a boxing stance. He expended a ton of energy trying to hold down and choke out a bigger man.

A second wind overcame me and revitalized me. I swarmed him and let my hands fly. Straight right hands, hooks, and uppercuts.

The tables have turned. I was coming on strong and connecting hard punches on his face, body, and back. With his face getting cut and bruising, he retreated.

I ditched my groceries and ran to my car.

I've been home for two hours now and am wondering how much strength comes into play in street fighting.

Originally posted by Frontman View Post
    How much does being strong matter in a physical confrontation with a stranger? I'm talking about overall strength aka general strength.

I ask this because I got into a fight at the market moments ago with a short Mexican dude. He got disrespectfully close to me as I was paying for my groceries

"Back up, you idiot."

As soon as I uttered the word idiot, he pushed my shoulder, displacing me and causing me to stagger.

Before I could bring my hands back he rushed me, catching me off balance. He grabbed me with overwhelming force and was manhandling me even though he is only about 5'7 and I'm 6'0 barefoot, 6'1 with shoes on.

Instantly I knew I was in trouble. For a little dude he was really strong and energetic.

I got scared.

I felt like I was going to be choked unconscious so I started screaming for help.

"HELP!"

"HELP!"

A black guy in his thirties wearing black shoes, slacks, dress shirt, and tie heard me panicking and offered only advice to me and not help pulling the guy off me.

The guy got tired and loosened his grip on me, so I instantly bucked out of his grasp and assumed a boxing stance. He expended a ton of energy trying to hold down and choke out a bigger man.

A second wind overcame me and revitalized me. I swarmed him and let my hands fly. Straight right hands, hooks, and uppercuts.

The tables have turned. I was coming on strong and connecting hard punches on his face, body, and back. With his face getting cut and bruising, he retreated.

I've been home for two hours now and am wondering how much strength comes into play in street fighting.

Comment

"Back up, you idiot."

I got scared.

"HELP!"

"HELP!"

i came at the bolded, thankth.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Originally posted by baya View Post
        i came at the bolded, thankth.
        How much do you think strength matters in a fight?

Comment

WTF is this story?

Comment

"Back up, you idiot."

I got scared.

"HELP!"

"HELP!"

Strength does help, but it has more to do with leverage. It sounds like the guy you fought had the leverage advantage. When he charged you while you were standing still (probably with your shoulders and feet squared), he had the momentum behind him and also had a leverage advantage and that is why you went down.

I hope it never happens because I'm too damn old for it, but if I were to get into a fist fight, I would fight dirty. There would be no standing and throwing of punches like a boxing match. I would gouge the guy in the eye or kick the guy I'm the knee or ankle. After I kicked him or gouged him, the rest would be easy.
            Last edited by big_james10; 08-20-2016, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Im sorry but i love this post you got me cracking up.

Comment

Sounds like you got yo ass beat by a smaller dude. Next be a grown azz man and ignore the bark. Don't be some trash getting into fights at a fawking grocery store

Comment

I cracked up on the part where you cried for help. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Sounds like you got yo ass beat by a smaller dude. Next be a grown azz man and ignore the bark. Don't be some trash getting into fights at a fawking grocery store

Comment

Working...
                    X