Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Wants to Face Smith in NY; 4/29 Negotiations Ongoing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good, action fight, problem is, Stev hasn't boxed for almost 6 months and is going to wait a further 3 months for this one. SHouldn't he have already booked a fight in for Jan or Feb?

this fight should be the stepping stone to a Kov match up instead Stev is probably going to stay inactive...again. SMH boxing

Comment

I love stories like this in boxing. Smith was relative unknown a year ago, but playing the underdog role, seizing the moment and winning two big fights has positioned himself to fight for a major title against arguably the best light heavyweight in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Smith, with a good showing, doesn't lose any steam, even in defeat. And Stevenson is not the top guy at LHW. Kovalev and Ward are in that position. This is a great opportunity for Smith, and he should take it IMO. Great paycheck, excellent chance to catch the chinny Stevenson. Those are excellent odds with really no downside unless he gets blown out in 1.
        Sorry, but promotional stalemates doesn't relegate Stevenson out of honorable mention when we're talking top LHW, nor does your marginalized opinion. But it was a nice try !

Interesting to hear posters like yourself throw the word chinny around so whimsically. I guess Kov is chinny too because he's been knocked down with headgear on. Ward must be chinny as well, hell their all probably chinny let u tell it. Miss me with that BS please.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Smith, with a good showing, doesn't lose any steam, even in defeat. And Stevenson is not the top guy at LHW. Kovalev and Ward are in that position. This is a great opportunity for Smith, and he should take it IMO. Great paycheck, excellent chance to catch the chinny Stevenson. Those are excellent odds with really no downside unless he gets blown out in 1.
          It's only a great opportunity for Smith to lose (probably by KO) to a top LHW, no more no less. And if u think the odds are so excellent, don't forget to put your money where your mouth is and place your bet and post it, thx .

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            Again, you are all acting as if this guy has a future in boxing. He doesn't. Why would anyone wanna protect him or build him up? If you win, you win huge. If you lose, you will get another offer somewhere else.
            That's a valid point. If Smith's handlers go down the road of trying to improve him before stepping up again, and Smith doesn't have the ability to be improved, he'll end up losing and blow his chances of getting another shot at a world title.

I think he should take a crack at Stevenson right now, if it's offered. He might never get another chance like this, and with Stevenson's shaky chin, Smith could might pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
              Bottom line= Stevenson is a guaranteed L for him right now.

And since his rising star is predicated on winning and staying undefeated, a loss at this early juncture may not be salvageable for his career, especially since his home base is the unforgiving NY crowd.

The difference between you and I is that I seem to think he's a fairly viable fighter, although he has a lot to learn and therefore needs time to develop. While your suggesting he's never going to amount to anything so he might as well risk it all now . Your premise is very presumptuous and premature.
              Lmao...

I ****ing knew it. One of these clowns who is about that '0'. You're the reason why promoters be pampering fighters nowadays. Cause of gay ass fans like you.

Let me tell you something, Manny was a rising star and he suffered a loss or multiple ones depending how you look at it. How bad did that affect his career?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                That's a valid point. If Smith's handlers go down the road of trying to improve him before stepping up again, and Smith doesn't have the ability to be improved, he'll end up losing and blow his chances of getting another shot at a world title.

I think he should take a crack at Stevenson right now, if it's offered. He might never get another chance like this, and with Stevenson's shaky chin, Smith could might pull it off.
                The guy went back to his good ol' job after beating Hopkins ffs.

He's 27. He knows he isn't top of the crop and I'm sure he would fight Stevenson with no hesitation.

Comment

Chickenson will avoid Ward and Kovalev like the plague.

The guy is a chump, 2nd only to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    The guy went back to his good ol' job after beating Hopkins ffs.

He's 27. He knows he isn't top of the crop and I'm sure he would fight Stevenson with no hesitation.
                    U make it sound as if your either born top of the crop or your not. u give no credence to fighters developing or progressing with age and experience, great trainers etc.

Look at what a zealous buffoon you've turned out be, without any proper training, tenure, or reasonable time to fully develop.

I sometimes wonder how Tyson's life ends up without Cus in his like as a motivator, mentor, trainer and father figure ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthOfIt View Post
                      Chickenson will avoid Ward and Kovalev like the plague.

The guy is a chump, 2nd only to Wilder.
                      Amen...truth b told!!

Comment

Working...
                      X