No announcement yet.

With this win how do we rate Ward now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    I just can't give Ward the top spot based on a fight I witnessed him lose and get a bogus decision. His stock didn't go up or down but he didn't prove he was the better man between him and Krusher. A rematch to settle this, I sense a Marquez-Pacquiao rivalry coming between these two.
    Let's just hope there isn't 4 years between their fights.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Disappointed to here something like that from you

Basing that from the official decision only is an excuse not to think

No man clearly won last night, no matter mine or your opinion
      Kovalev is a great fighter. This was a 50/50 fight and it played out that way.

Comment

i thought gonzalez was a clearer winner against cuadras than ward was against kovalev

if lomachenko dominates walters he will leapfrog everyone to my personal #1 spot and will likely stay there for a long time

Comment

P4P number 1, of course.

Comment

TSBE!

Teh Sacond Bestest Eva!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Kovalev is a great fighter. This was a 50/50 fight and it played out that way.
              It also ended that way

Credit will be apportioned accordingly

There's no justified reason to call Ward the 'p4p king' when he has yet to prove it. Basing that on an official decision makes your opinion just as worthless when it comes to looking at things properly, which is why I am disappointed in your response

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                It also ended that way

Credit will be apportioned accordingly

There's no justified reason to call Ward the 'p4p king' when he has yet to prove it. Basing that on an official decision makes your opinion just as worthless when it comes to looking at things properly, which is why I am disappointed in your response
                I posted my scorecard. If you disagree then oh well

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
                  A rematch for you to settle this....
                  Definitely.
                  Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  I'm a big Ward fan and I thought he edged it, watched it a second time and had him winning 114-113.... originally had it 115-112 but on second viewing I gave Kovalev round 10.

But it was not the performance I hoped for and expected, I said the winner would be my P4P number 1 if the win was convincing/dominant. I don't think either guy has a case for that and I'm in favour of Gonzales staying as number 1.

I also think Ward dropped off, his defence is 90% of what it used to be but offensively he's like 70% or less. He showed he's still one of the best but to me he didn't look like the very best. I'd have him at number 2 and would not object to anyone that deemed him a non mover.
                  Great post.

While our scores differed, and I had Kovalev winning, I agree with the rest. It was a great fight in itself but I can't comfortably give Ward the #1 spot like I said I would give to whoever won before the fight, I want the rematch.

Comment

I say neither of their rankings change. Ward did well and I give him props. Kovalev did well. Both disappointed to an extent because neither was able to successfully impose themselves on the other. So their rankings stay the same

Comment

Same as before, top 5.

I think Kovalev beat him clearly, but Kov is a top P4P fighter himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X