No announcement yet.

Question: The punch Mosley landed on Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: The punch Mosley landed on Mayweather

The Punch that almost put Mayweather out. If that was Pac, could he finish Mayweather? Given Pac's speed/power/stamina. Thoughts?
    Pacquiao finishes Mayweather
    45.36%
    Mayweather recovers
    54.64%

Why do people say he was almost KOd? Yes it was a solid punch, but he wasn't even that hurt.

I think Mayweather has a good chin and even Pacquiao would have a very hard time finishing him.

Comment

One of my favorite moments in boxing history. And if it would have been Pacquiao, Sucker Punchoyd wouldn't have gotten up. He would have been laid flat Hatton style. That's the thing with Mayweathers defense, a lot of people praise it highly but big punches ALWAYS get thru it. Even Ortiz landed two clean sharp shots in the 4th. Imagine Pacquiaos 1000 punch combinations.

Oh and that was 38 year old over the hill fighter .

When you think about it you understand why Floyd is ducking the fight so much.

One shot that Pacquiao lands and Mayweather either dies or doesn't dare to open up and throw a punch again thru the entire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by right_hand_lead View Post
        Why do people say he was almost KOd? Yes it was a solid punch, but he wasn't even that hurt.

I think Mayweather has a good chin and even Pacquiao would have a very hard time finishing him.
        The punch buckled Mayweather, Mosley had to follow up, which he failed to do. Mayweather was there to be KO'd but it didn't happen. Mosley was shot and couldn't pull the trigger.

Last edited by Via; 10-10-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

depends on how powerful that punch is, Shane is more powerful than Pac but Floyd somehow managed to weather it

but it would make a difference, thats for sure

Comment

Shane goes in beserker mode. Pac is more methodical with his destruction.

watch when he stuns Ricky Hatton for the 2nd time, he didn't go in head first throwing looping haymakers giving his opponent the chance to clinch up.

he stayed on the outside and put together beautiful combos that put Hatton on his ass.

Comment

Floyd beats pac, manny aint gonna land **** on him

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                One of my favorite moments in boxing history. And if it would have been Pacquiao, Sucker Punchoyd wouldn't have gotten up. He would have been laid flat Hatton style. That's the thing with Mayweathers defense, a lot of people praise it highly but big punches ALWAYS get thru it. Even Ortiz landed two clean sharp shots in the 4th. Imagine Pacquiaos 1000 punch combinations.

Oh and that was 38 year old over the hill fighter .

When you think about it you understand why Floyd is ducking the fight so much.

One shot that Pacquiao lands and Mayweather either dies or doesn't dare to open up and throw a punch again thru the entire fight.
                Pacquiao is a accumulation power puncher...... You expect him to accumulate punches on Floyd?

Comment

2 things that I think would make Pac landing it much different.

1. while Pac's punch probably wouldn't be quite as hard, Floyd proabably wound't have seen it coming (due to his angles/stance) and wouldn't have absorbed it quite as well.

2. Not sure Floyd would have been able to clench, Pac is pretty damn good at keeping space and avoiding clenches.

Don't think Pac would have KO'ed Floyd at that moment, but I could see him being more hurt and probably knocked down.

Comment

Manny doesn't have that one punch power he couldn't hurt Floyd like that if he landed that same punch

Comment

Working...
                    X