Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest emerging threat to Mayweather's 0.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf
    Chino beats thurman to be honest... After Chino demolishes Broner .. and he will demolish him... Broner gonna make Chino look like the beastliest puncher in boxing, he will move on to try for the Mayweather shot.

and if Mayweather ages overnight, he could get caught. Imagine if Chino caught money may with that shot Mosley threw.. He wouldn't let him off the hook! Unlikely of course, because mayweather is more defensive minded now than he was against Mosley, but still.

A chino mayweather shot is coming, whether you like it or not.
    Maidana needs to stop ducking Thurman first before you make these claims. And no, Maidana would or will not beat Thurman.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Maidana needs to stop ducking Thurman first before you make these claims. And no, Maidana would or will not beat Thurman.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Thurman beat Chaves, who had him in trouble and had a case of nerves in there at the same time. In addition, Maidana throws with more authority than Chaves.

Yet, thurman will beat Maidana? yeah, no.

Plus if Thurman keeps racking up wins, he will get the Chino fight. I see Chino possibly facing Thurman, or Mattysse, in an eliminator tourney to get the Mayweather shot. If Mayweather doesn't just give Chino the shot for demolishing his embarassing mini me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        you make good points,, not saying maidana is a bum,,, i just think we have a much clearer picture of him, than we do of thurman,, thurman is slowly improving with every fight,,,
        I thought chavez was going to break thurman early in the fight, but thurman made adjustments and took care of business,, i was impressed with that learning curve
        Ah, yeah I see Thurman improving and he adapted well against a green Chaves.

But Maidana has not plateaued either. His reemergence of a stiff authoritative jab, and advent of several defensive techniques we have not seen him use before speaks for that. Against Karass he was rolling and dipping and countering off the ropes. He wasn't just a 1 2 fighter, or a come forward brawler. That is not Maidana anymore thats a misnomer. He's developing into a boxer puncher now, that can shift gears and be a crude brawler as well.

Its experience that I see as the deciding factor that would win Maidana the tilt over Thurman

Comment

Floyd's biggest threat is Father Time.

Comment

Why is Maidana being elevated to elite status? His big wins were against Ortiz, Soto Karass, and Lopez. He was embarrassed by Alexander. Yes he's improved but not still hasn't proved anything against one of the top WWs. I like Thurman (and Maidana btw), but they're both too slow for Mayweather.
            Last edited by HarvardBlue; 08-24-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

The biggest threat to Mayweather was prime Cotto. It would take someone with that skill set to beat Mayweather. Someone who can punish him behind a jab but has those boxing skills to keep up with him in the middle of the ring.
              Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 08-24-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                The biggest threat to Mayweather was prime Cotto. It would take someone with that skill set to beat Mayweather. Someone who can punish him behind a jab but has those boxing skills to jeep up with him in the middle of the ring.
                Agree, you saw glimpses of how he would have troubled him during their fight last year.

Right now though, Lucas Matthysse is Mayweather's biggest threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylotto View Post
                  Floyd's biggest threat is Father Time.
                  and Manny Pacquiao!

Comment

Working...
                  X